XP DEUS V4 New Accessories Announcement

Ringmoney

Okay talk is cheap ! What I want to know is just when can I download and buy one of the new coils.?

If we are making a wish list then put me down for a 6 to 7 inch coil for the lower VLF's to coin hunt with. Don't get me wrong I do love my eleven inch coil and I know all are most of what the XP can do but the 61/2 will put a smile on my face. I can't say that for my pocket book.

If you go look at other coils that's being offered for other detectors then the XP ones is not too high in price..

If I say this often enough I'll start to believe it. Part is true !

Chuck

You won't be able to buy for now he is a perfectionist and won't launch the whole new set without making sure it is bug proof......regarding the size of coil i asked personally to one of their engineer during the rally and he replied:"But who is gonna buy small coils...?????"i told him all protectors looking for tiny coins in iron ................but it is such a niche market.............but time will tell i have asked the owner at least 10 times!!!

RR

Rivers rat

Any coin hunter that is in a high trashy area wants a small coil . 

Why is it all of the detector companies think they know what's best for you. I'm willing to spend the money so can't they give me what I and others want ?

The trouble with a big coil you just get too much trash under it at one time. I like to come back with a larger coil the second time around.

Chuck

I agree Chuck i have been using small coils only for the last 11 years 4",5" snake, 5.75 and i would love a 5:on the deus........the pinpoint will be supra accurate and between nails...it would be a killer

RR

Rivers rat

If we don't agree on anything else we do agree on a smaller coil. I've found over the years a small coil has fair depth and like said great on pinpointing.

Garrett made a small coil that much bigger than a silver dollar. This coil you could get next to a fence and yet detect a coin but not the fence.

Way back when I got my Eagle 2 it came with a 9 inch coil but White's did offer a smaller coil that was a 6 inch one. That coil  has good depth and has stayed on there the major time I've been swinging that Eagle.

I don't know about you but I think we must be talking to our self.

Chuck 

I think compass use to make a 3" and Red heat in the UK too but they use to "burn" but they must be dead accurate :)

The 5...something on my vista gold has very good depth and sensitivity the 5.75 DD from tesoro is on my opinion the best of all in a field its deep and fun to swing not sure whats inside that coil but ooo boy it s on steroid!!!!

RR

Add my name to the growing list of small coil lovers.  (I don't have an XP/Deus, though.)  If you live where there is modest to little trash (for whatever reason) then large coils are great.  But when there are tons of nails, etc. I just drive myself crazy hearing all the trash.  Most/all detectors are most sensitive to iron, I think because its magnetic (especially) and conductive properties combined.  It's very abundant in the earth's crust (3rd most common by weight after Oxygen and Silicon?) meaning its inexpensive, also very strong, and as such has been used for centuries as a building material.

There are lots of software (and hardware) tricks to 'ignore' iron, but they cost, sometimes severely, in sensitivity to the metals we want to hear/find.  AFAIK, to date the best solution in iron infested locations is to use a small coil to minimize the amount of trash in its zone of influence.  If that means extra sweeps of the 'broom', I can live with that.  IMO it's worth it.  And reducing the overall weight (preferably with an associated adjustment in balance) is a nice perk.

In my area I use small coils 90% of the time, and that's not because I don't have intermediate to large ones.  It's just what works.

She should create a league :biggrin: ,the best on my opinion in highly infested iron is to use low discri as it is possible and focus on the high tones with the "Special" sound.On the lobo with the Snake coil i run at 1.8/1.9 discrimination.On the Deus full tone s0 discri and listen to high and mediums ,on any Tesoro E120 0 discri and a 4" coil ,On a Tesoro High frequency just below iron or just above depend of the machine a good 5.75 DD and you should do well .On the F75 on FA plus 7 in discrimination is enought if mounted with a 3.5X6.5  when too high i got the feeling the machines take too much time to readjust and you then miss targets....slow sweep ,low discri ,small coil and focus on those high tones.....on iron nails carpet you wont make miracles but you wont be empty handed.

RR

• Like 2

Some tidbits from Andy at Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links indicating V4 and accessories were basically ready to release but got held up by a last second bug. That being the case some extra field testing/debugging was decided to be appropriate, no doubt with an eye to other less than perfect product releases recently. Andy thinks maybe December for availability.

xp-deus-new-v4-high-frequency-coils.jpg

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Some tidbits from Andy at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2320542 indicating V4 and accessories were basically ready to release but got held up by a last second bug. That being the case some extra field testing/debugging was decided to be appropriate, no doubt with an eye to other less than perfect product releases recently. Andy thinks maybe December for availability.

xp-deus-new-v4-high-frequency-coils.jpg

Thanks for the update got the same infos from Mr Loubet yesterday!

RR