New 6" Round Concentric Coil For White's GMT And Earlier Goldmasters

Dunno...it runs pretty good' might not be much of an advantage on a GM2 against the STD 6x10" concentric but man if you have a GMT and did the same test well, for the small investment I'd just buy one.

The father in law has a GM2 "IF" I get the time I'll do a quick test.

iv played around with his GM2 before and it didn't even like the 6x10DD...

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my coil in the mail. The  5.3  6 inch coil cover seems to fit perfectly. I'll give it a test in the next few days, weather permitting.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:36 PM, Hard Prospector said:

I bought two yesterday and interestingly, coil covers for it were difficult to find at White's. Apparently this coil which has been around for a while for export to Africa, never saw a demand for a protective loop cover. Further investigation led me to believe that the African placer miners are very superstitious and believe coil covers to be "bad luck"......I'm not kidding!

I can't wait to compare it (on my GMT) to my GB2 on bedrock.

My hunch is that this coil will breath new life into the Goldmaster series and I'm glad.

ak mining has covers if need I have one for my gmt hit better than the dd 4x6 air test

• 2 months later...

Just received this coil an hour ago.  It seems to be a lot more sensitive and seems to have a little more depth at least when air testing.  Does anyone know if the older mono loop coils will work on the GMT?

Concentrics are VLF, mono coils are PI coils. So for a VLF we have concentrics and DD coils. For PI there is mono and DD. A mono coil has a single winding that alternates between transmit and receive modes of operation. A concentric still has two coils, a transmit and a receive coil, one arranged inside the other.

Any coils that work on any of the old black box Goldmasters starting with the Goldmaster II will work on the GMT. That includes the original concentric "Longscan" coil.

metal-detector-coil-dd-mono-concentric.jpg

whites-goldmaster-longscan-coil.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 7:04 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Concentrics are VLF, mono coils are PI coils. So for a VLF we have concentrics and DD coils. For PI there is mono and DD. A mono coil has a single winding that alternates between transmit and receive modes of operation. A concentric still has two coils, a transmit and a receive coil, one arranged inside the other.

Any coils that work on any of the old black box Goldmasters starting with the Goldmaster II will work on the GMT. That includes the original concentric "Longscan" coil.

metal-detector-coil-dd-mono-concentric.jpg

whites-goldmaster-longscan-coil.jpg

I love that coil, works hotter than the french micro shooter