Detech 13" Ultimate Coil For White's MX Sport

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2016 at 6:06 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Great price great looking coils but that small DD coil just don't tickle my fancy. I'd take a mono or a concentric in the 7 inch size. I'm just not a great lover of DD coils for coin hunting. I do know they have a place in detecting but that's not what I want now.

Chuck

its actually the best coil for general use on the mxsport in my opinion

MDCHIEFSH

Okay being I don't have a small concentric coil I've been playing around with the 6 X 10 DD Sport Coil. Over time I may come out of the dark into the light and agree with you. 

I do like my MX Sport and I'm still happy I hung in there until everything was fix.

The Best with your MX

Chuck

On 9/27/2016 at 6:06 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Great price great looking coils but that small DD coil just don't tickle my fancy. I'd take a mono or a concentric in the 7 inch size. I'm just not a great lover of DD coils for coin hunting. I do know they have a place in detecting but that's not what I want now.

Chuck

It really depends on where you hunt and how you hunt. White's makes some good stuff if you know how to trick it out. It's definitely the best detector(s) for the money.

The Treasurepro with the detech 7 inch coil is a perfect trash hunting machine. Love this machine for basic coin hunting in trashy areas. Great machine for the price!

Mxsport for me has so much power compared to other machines in its class that the 7 inch DD is best fit for trashy hunting areas, very fast response, can be very close to larger metal items unlike concentric's(6 inch included), and honestly for me it goes plenty deep enough with 7inch DD detech coil. For faster coverage i can move up to concentric 950's on weaker mineralized ground on eastern seaboard. Then the default DD coil for mineralized ground like western USA. Finally the 13 inch for beach and large field coverage. I have them all and use them as i see fit for the circumstance that matches.

The V series is best if i was back east in the relic areas. Always loved all the ground strength tools for figuring out my environment i hunt. Can't say enough to how powerful this is to understand the proper methods to hunt back east. But i would go with a 13 inch detech coil on it. Else some specialty coils i would like try like bigfoot(steve turned me onto this coil) or some of the new ones from detech.

I also really like the tdipro modded units out there with miner john's coils. I tried those side by side with sdc2300 and thought geesh got most of everything i needed for a WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY than mindlab's. And its easy to mod the frame to be chest mountable, which i prefer, to carrying those minelab beasts around on my arm.

Personally i have two wishes for the future from whites....

Wish 1---ultra-ultra rugged/water proof design(leupold like casing) for the V series. Shouldnt be too hard since leupold makes their stuff in newberg, oregon at 3D plastics not too far from whites electronics HQ. Want it to be chest mountable. Would love it if they could do what depar and xp are doing and add that fourth frequency for gold hunting! Then all of my gmt and mxsport coils could work on that unit. 

Wish 2--same type of cased design as wish 1. But i want a super high power--nautilus level voltage(44Volts) + TDI level current--multi channel pulse gold/relic detector. I want more power to punch deeper into rough ground! I would also like some type of auto ground tuning to check strength, phase and other properties. While asking for my holy grail i want it to optimize the channels/pulses/machine to reduce the effect of the ground and environment around the machine based on profiles i setup on the fly or ahead of time. Also how about some ultra light weight accessory coils to compete with mindlab's new GPZ coils! Miner john, Coiltech or Detech could build these for white's if they think they are too low volume to make themselves.

• Like 2

I'd buy the MXS, but the only thing holding me back is the 9.5" concentric coils design.  That thing looks like it would be a huge drag swinging in the water.  Should have been an open spoke design. 

Sorry White's you ain't got me on board until you come up with a properly designed concentric for fresh water use.

Tom

• Like 1

FYI Dave J is back on board with concentric coils.  All future FT products will be able to use both DD and concentric coils.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

I'd buy the MXS, but the only thing holding me back is the 9.5" concentric coils design.  That thing looks like it would be a huge drag swinging in the water.  Should have been an open spoke design. 

Sorry White's you ain't got me on board until you come up with a properly designed concentric for fresh water use.

Tom

probably need to make one similar to their treasure series concentric coil for water useage

Something similar to the Fisher X series and CZ's.  Solid epoxy and bullet proof.  I have thousands of hours in the water with them on Fisher machines with not one failure.

The MX Sport has quickly became one of my favorite VLF machines.

The 7 inch DD is my favorite coil on it.  You wont believe this but I also have a CTX 3030 that I had the 6 inch and stock coil for.  In my ground, the MX Sport with 7 inch coil, will out perform the CTX 3030 in depth and ID capability.  I know that sounds like a tall tale but it is true.  This is on real world relic and coin hunting targets; lots of hours testing for my own use and knowledge.  It is one incredible combo with 7 inch coil.  The 10 inch is okay but the 7 inch really makes that machine shine.  I've not tried the 13 Ultimate or the 950 concentric.  Generally, my ground is too bad for the concentric coils to do much good in.  The 6x10 coil, I just sold mine.  I like the 7 inch better; the main complaint about the 6x10 is that it floated in the water.  I also feel the 7 inch was deeper than it too.  The only place I have found thus far that the CTX will beat the MX Sport is on the salt water beaches.  The MX Sport can do OK in the wet sand but not as good as the CTX and the MX Sport will want to overload in the fast moving water too unless you back the gain way down.  On the dry sand, the two are about equal in depth but I do feel the CTX gives the edge there in ID capability on trash items.  My bad ground changes all that though. In it, the CTX tends to call things iron that aren't iron...coins past 6 inches will start to read in the bottom right corner of the screen. On the MX Sport, they ID much better.  

• Like 2