6 Inch Concentric Or DD Coil For Coin Hunting?

Ridge Runner

This topic is about what coil you would like to add to your coin hunting coils.

Most coils that come with a new detector is a large DD coil. White's has a concentric coil that is a 9 inch and I think is a great coil.

Now myself want a 6 inch concentric coil to go with my MX Sport.

It's been said that the DD is more in demand over concentric

What I want to know from you is just what you want in a small coil. That being a DD are the same in a concentric coil for coin hunting. If you just want to say DD or Concentric that's okay.

For fun go look at the Garrett AT Pro coils offered.

Chuck

PS Myself I don't like a DD coil for coin hunting at all  other maybe on the beach.. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 6 Inch Concentric Or DD Coil For Coin Hunting?

All depends on where you live. I think West of the Rockies is DD, East is Concentric.

I'd love to see a 6" concentric for the MX Sport, and if the demand is there we will build them. Personally I prefer concentric for pinpointing/targeting and DD for general searching. Wish I could have both on one coil.

• Like 1

At the beach and above waterline;

Coins, mens gold and silver rings.......DD coil

Gold chains, earrings and womens (small n' petite) gold engagement rings..........small concentric loop best but may drive you crazy sounding off on tiny bits of EVERYTHING metallic

Below water line, I always start with Sand Shark. If I hit a "pay streak" of coins, I'll try to back over the area with different machines/coils.

***Man am I getting tired of digging up all of the cheap, crappy carbide rings!