My First Detected Nugget

Ringmoney

Wow,thats a rare find for sure,never found one here in the UK, apart from gold coins,but had been looking at getting one of the 6'' coils for my TDI Pro as well,i do have the 7.25 DF coil but if a 6'' MJ one came along at the right price i may seriously look at buying one.I did buy a few coils made by MJ earlier in the year when he had a massive sale on,but the 6'' coil was not in the sale.

What type of ground did you find the nugget ?? near a river or on say normal farm land,would be interesting to find out the locations that one could find these possible nuggets.

Well done on a rare find

"Well done Ringo!" 

Wow, I think that is an extremely impressive find! People find gold all the time in some locations but the number of people finding a gold nugget in Ireland with a metal detector has got to be a very small and exclusive club. And some real size to it also - Congratulations!!!

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Wow, I think that is an extremely impressive find! People find gold all the time in some locations but the number of people finding a gold nugget in Ireland with a metal detector has got to be a very small and exclusive club. And some real size to it also - Congratulations!!!

Steve you have hit the nail on the head as the saying goes. You could count the anount of people that have done so on one hand. This nugget has to rate as one of my best finds ever. Its one to strike of my bucket list and better still it was done at home.

• Like 3