Apprehensive About Digging

I also reverted to night detecting in some areas to avoid over zealous locals with no clue.  Don't use a torch, just the backlit screen of the Deus and the light from the pinpointer - your eyes do adjust to the dark, using a torch makes things worst again (and attracts unwanted attention).  

Sad that things have come to the point of detecting in the dark in some areas, though as per a recent daytime park hunt, we were reported on 5 seperate occasions by locals for "digging up" a park.  As a result the local council inspector paid us a visit, and quite frankly he didn't know what all the fuss was about.  There was clearly no evidence of detector holes (we excavate flaps, not holes), and he was actually of the belief that we should be able to practice our hobby just as anyone else would in a public park.

I thought I might add to the conversation to the inspector that I had been night detecting the park for the last year and a half, no one had a clue or could see evidence that I had even been there, just the way I like it.:wink:

• Like 2