Gold Prospecting Tyndrum Scotland Sept 2016 Day 1

Heres a short video of day 1 of my recent trip to Tyndrum, Scotland.  THe area is very prospecting and holds Scotlands only working gold mine however day 1 wasn`t too great, the following days improved but at least even a tiny bit of gold is still good gold 

Goldgrabber, 

I watched all 3 parts of your sluicing trip to Tyndrum, and there is gold to be had as your videos prove, good job!:biggrin:

Here in the USA if you find a gold bearing stream you can usually find a good bit of fine gold in the moss on the rocks which acts as a very good "miner's moss" or carpet and most times even better than what is in many regular type riffle sluices, I see in your videos that there's moss all over the rocks in the stream, have you ever gather the moss to see if any gold is getting trapped within the moss?

Here we usually gather a good bit of moss let it dry and then burn it and pan the ashes to get all the gold, but if it has gold you can get a lot of the gold but not all out by just breaking the moss up as fine as possible and agitating the moss in a bucket of water then remove the moss and pan the cons.

I`ve not actually posted parts 2 & 3 of this trip yet, you must have viewed videos of previous trips to Wanlockhead, further south than Tyndrum in this video (Tyndrum is far more prospective and holds Scotlands only working gold mine but you wouldn`t think so from this trip lol).  I do usually scrape off and break up moss if I see some in a nice looking place, I`ve just never been 100% sure if this is actually a permitted part of prospecting over here as there are very few rules or regulations regarding prospecting, and it`s frowned upon by a lot of local authorities (who don`t have the power to stop it) so although I do go through quite a bit of moss from where I work, I usually don`t film it as I wouldn`t want to be seen encouraging others to do the same over here if its frowned upon in general.  Usually it`s the last thing I do before moving area`s or leaving