Coolest Rake Ever???

Love the concept !!!!!!if it works it could be lots of work out but a wild harvest!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beach-rakes-Beach-trawl-thin-gold-chains-/1723648…

RR

• Like 1

Rivers rat

I don't know if it would work for me. It looks it has to do with work on my part and I really don't like the word work let alone do it.

About 20 years ago it was a story about a guy that had made a rake be would pull on the beach. He pulled it like a horse and it would run about 5 inches deep. In this way it would catch all and let only the sand pass. He said it paid off for him. I never gave it a try but just keep on swinging my detector.

Chuck

There is a video on youtube where the chaps in Brazil are making a living out of it........if i find the link i will post it!

RR

He has a good sized chunk of skin missing under his chin on the right hand side - skin cancer maybe?

in any event, looks like hard work.  The plus is that he won't miss coins, rings, etc - unlike the russian hadget which would get nothing but chains and maybe bracelets.

Funny enough Iv had a rake identical to that in the family for years now maybe 60+yrs.

its not for treasure hunting it was used to dredge The edge of dams for fresh water yabbies (crayfish), worked pretty good too' would easy fill a 5 gal bucket up in half an hour' funny enough it's now hanging up in dads shed somewhere as we all got sick of eating yabbies.

it had a telescopic handle that extended twice the length as the one on the video and all we did was throw it out towards the middle of the dam and drag it out to the edge' in season 3-4 scoops would be too much to eat.

Talking about crayfish a friend of mine in London (but she is from DC) use to cook tons of crayfish with spices corn and smoked saussages "Cajun Style" every events was packed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bottomless on top of that :)so you could eat tons!!!

RR

13 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Talking about crayfish a friend of mine in London (but she is from DC) use to cook tons of crayfish with spices corn and smoked saussages "Cajun Style" every events was packed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bottomless on top of that :)so you could eat tons!!!

RR

River rat,

We do the same thing here in the southeastern USA, only we use shrimp instead of crayfish and toss in some red potatoes, it has several different names depending on location, locally it's called "Frogmore Stew" named after a small fishing community near Beaufort South Carolina, some newcomers here and in most other areas call it "Low-Country Boil", I'm sure down in Louisiana and other Gulf of Mexico coast states they use the crayfish and also the shrimp version.

Try it you will love it!!

Frogmore Stew/Low Country Boil recipe

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/frogmore-stew

Frogmore Stew Recipe

• Like 3