Northlander #2 Claim

Yeah, I went up the dirt road under the power lines. I was just curious about the gated road because satellite and Topo maps show it going directly through the Ken and Brian claims. Im speaking to the owner of Northlander #2 right now actually. Will have some better information here shortly. I sent him a report of how it was, I'll copy and paste here in a little bit. (It's my anniversary with the wife. I think she'll get mad if I'm ignoring her at our anniversary dinner.  =P =P  ) 

So yesterday I spoke with BLM, US Forestry, and several other agencies. Got a pretty good rundown on RS2477 and other things. Everyone was really nice and willing to help. I finally found out that the owner of the gated fence on the south side of the creek is owned by a local AK electric company. (They have a sub station a few hundred feet off of the highway.) Called them up, got transferred around, and finally got a call back a few hours later. I proved to them that I have the legal right to mine at those claims (With my GPAA membership) and they're slapping a new lock on the gate and giving me a key to it! Woo! Victory is mine! Now I just have to wait for the snow to melt to go out there again. :biggrin:

• Like 5

• 7 months later...
On 10/17/2016 at 6:46 PM, TintedSnow said:

Yeah, I went up the dirt road under the power lines. I was just curious about the gated road because satellite and Topo maps show it going directly through the Ken and Brian claims. Im speaking to the owner of Northlander #2 right now actually. Will have some better information here shortly. I sent him a report of how it was, I'll copy and paste here in a little bit. (It's my anniversary with the wife. I think she'll get mad if I'm ignoring her at our anniversary dinner.  =P =P  ) 

Did you have any luck on the Northlander #2 claim? I never saw the report you said you were going to post. Thanks