Deus Question For Steve (or Anyone For That Matter)

D&P-OR

I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile now & I realize the answer is  somewhat conjecture (at least to a point & at this time)-----but-----what is your feelings on the (hopefully) soon to be released version 4 & new coils for the Deus? (particularly the elliptical coil)-------Do you think the Deus could then well fill relic, coin/jewelry---AND---gold nugget hunting needs/requirements in an improved fashion?---What with being able to use both the old coils and the two new coils and the "enhancements" version 4 provides.-----I have my thoughts/hopes on this subject (I must, I ended up getting another 3.2 version Deus with 9" coil & WS5 h.p.'s) & in anticipation of the version 4 & new coils.------But-----I wanted to see what other peoples feelings are on this.--------Thanks---------Del  

Lots of details on the new software and accessories at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2464-xp-deus-v4-new-accessories-announcement/

According to Andy Sabisch the new frequencies using the new coils are 14.5 kHz, 29 kHz, and 53 kHz. This puts the XP V4 in the GMT (48 kHz) and Gold Racer 56 kHz) category but not quite Gold Bug 2 country. I think the small GB2 coil is one of the best available for hunting small gold.

At 14.5 kHz you still have an excellent general purpose frequency. Examples:

Garrett AT Pro 15 kHz
White's MXT 14 kHz
Fisher F75 13 kHz
Makro Racer 14 kHz

One way to look at it is that 14.5 kHz is a great compromise between the 12 kHz and 18 kHz frequencies that most people use when they run a DEUS.

The real key will be which frequency is the primary frequency - the other frequencies are harmonics and do not make as efficient use of the coil as the primary frequency. If they really are doing all they can to make this a nugget detecting option for Africa then the coil will be optimized at 53 kHz (or 55 khz). It could just as well be one if the other frequencies though.

Regardless, I think fears that the new coils may not be all that great for coin detecting are unfounded. In fact, at 5.5" x 9" the new elliptical should be better at sniffing out coins in trash than the current smallest 9" coil option. No matter what the number of targets under the coil is the number one factor when it comes to target id accuracy and the new elliptical coil covers almost half as much ground area as the 9" round coil. I think people are in for a pleasant surprise when it comes to coin, relic, and jewelry detecting. Just my opinion of course - we won't know for sure until the new coil is available and gets some use by various people under varying conditions.

D&P-OR

The dealer that i got my Deus from work for Home Land Security and is only a relic hunter. He spends his vacation in the eastern states doing nothing but relic hunting with his XP Deus. He's not trying to make a living off selling Deus detectors but in his opinion the Deus is the only way to go. He has both coils but likes the 11 inch coil better.

Now for myself I'm a relic that is a coin hunter. I have the MX Sport and the XP Deus to coin hunt with and I've been switching between both. The heat has been more than I like so it has cause me to limit my detecting. It will get better for a coin hunter as it cools down and we had a sample of that in the last two days.

I'm looking forward to see the new coils from Deus and the V 4 update. Of the two detectors they both have a place in what I plan to do for me. Me is the only one they have to please and like said they do.

Chuck .

• Like 1

Maybe XP will probably come out with another machine.........for the beach for example

RR

21 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

The dealer that i got my Deus from work for Home Land Security and is only a relic hunter. He spends his vacation in the eastern states doing nothing but relic hunting with his XP Deus. He's not trying to make a living off selling Deus detectors but in his opinion the Deus is the only way to go.   (emphasis by GB_Amateur)

Only way to go?  There are at least a dozen detectors on the market that can perform well in multiple areas of detecting, and for any given area of detecting there is one (or more) specialty detector that can stand above most/all for that reason -- because it is a unit built to specialize in one area.  No doubt the Deus has proven itself among the best.  Is it the one-and-only best?  Use your good judgement and your answer will agree with mine.

We can find one detector is better than another being cost is a major factor to answer the why question..

I don't care what detector you swing you have to learn what it can do for you. If one is not willing to do that then do like so many just put it away. When I started detecting I didn't care how short the time I had I was out  there learning and just a swinging. This holds true if want to be a relic, coin are just a plain Jane nugget hunter. haha Oh.I love nugget hunting but here in Texas we only have black gold.

I too believe that with a new detector.it's good to dig all signals.This is just to see if your ID is in line with what you dug up. I love a ID detector but I found more when I had to dig all.

I was out this afternoon with my MX Sport digging good targets but also the ID number 22 came up a lot. I knew most of the time it was a hard tab. then I got a rock solid 20 and on my air testing this should be a nickel. I dug down and out came a Jeff wanting air. This was my first nickel with my MXS but the Deus has cross that line in the sand.

The best to each of you!

Chuck