300 Ohm Head Phones

47 minutes ago, Randy Lunn said:

I am not an expert in this area but in general higher ohms will give you less distortion. However it is more important to match the impedance of your source and earphones. I believe the GPZ 7000  has an out put of around 100 ohms. The standard Minelab Koss headphones also have an impedance of around 100 ohms. Given the narrow frequency output range of the GPZ 7000 I would guess that higher ohm headphones do not add much. However, individual hearing might prefer and possibly benefit from  higher ohms. 

Go go with Gold Seeker's advice and compare signals with your buddy's high ohm earphones.

Thanks Randy , 

I'll have to check the impedance / output of the SDC 2300 .

Cheers

goldrat

The Gog Phones I sell have 150 Ohm drivers (same as the Sunray Pro Gold's), and these sound really good on the Zed. You can hear all the warbles, wobbles, woo-ees and every other target response the Zed makes :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 6:37 AM, goldrat said:

Thanks Randy , 

I'll have to check the impedance / output of the SDC 2300 .

Cheers

goldrat

I think you'll need to get in touch with Minelab to find out.. Pretty sure consumer spec info doesn't state ohmage output at the headphone jack, but since the SDC 2300 ships with the KOSS 100 ohm 'phones one would think output would be the same or very close..

Skip's suggestion is spot on.. AussieMatt's posting of Minelab's POV is as well.. And I'm interested in finding out Condor's takeaway from his adapter test..

Question: Have you tried the alt lower tone setting yet..? That change alone may be enough to do the trick for you..

Swamp