Minelab GPZ 19 Coil - Full Official Information Release

minelab-gpz-19-coil.jpg

Product - GPZ 19

Application - Gold Prospecting (Waterproof coil to 1m/3ft)

Technology - ZVT, Super-D (1 × Tx and 2 × Rx windings)

Length - 19" × 18" (480mm × 457mm)

Weight - 1.83 kg (4.03 lb)

Warranty - 3 years

Product Information Page http://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories-1/gpz-19-1

“The GPZ 19 is deceptively stable and quiet... I recovered a 15 ounce nugget, really deep!”

286661.png“Working my way back up a creek, I found many ounces of weighty gold at incredible depths that had been totally ignored by a GPX with a 20 inch monoloop. I also missed these using the GPZ 14 coil – they were just too deep. The GPZ 19 is deceptively stable and quiet… I recovered a 15 ounce nugget, really deep!"

Jonathan Porter - Professional Gold Prospector, Australia

I just couldn’t believe how smooth it was running for such a big coil!"

“When using Normal Ground Type (in milder soils) I’ve actually been able to run a higher Sensitivity setting. I just couldn’t believe how smooth it was running for such a big coil, and I blooded the coil with its first piece after a short time, a very small flat piece of about 0.1g which proved that the big coil hasn’t given up much sensitivity."

Nenad Lonic - Phase Technical Metal Detection & Technical Services, Australia

(Click on photos below for larger versions)

GPZ 19 Coil finds  GPZ 19 Coil finds  GPZ 19 Coil finds  GPZ 19 Coil finds

Does It Really Detect 30% Deeper?http://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/the-gpz-19-coil-does-it-really-detect-30-deeper

GPZ-19-depth-bubble-chart-PB-TT-Blog.jpg
*When compared to the average performance of the GPZ 7000 detector with the GPZ 14 coil in typical environments. Actual performance depends upon prevailing conditions. 

Brochure PDF File  http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/289337/4907-0843-1 Brochure, GPZ 19 Letter EN_WEB.pdf

minelab-gpz-19-coil-brochure-page-1.jpg

minelab-gpz-19-coil-brochure-page-2.jpg

blog-coils-gpz_3.jpg

• Like 1

It was also announced that it will be available for purchase from the 14th November in Australia (and soon after in other regions)!

Don't ask me what "soon after" means - I really don't know.

Unfortunately, my 2016 prospecting season is rapidly coming to a close with the colder, wetter weather moving in. I'm sure it will be available for the 2017 prospecting season and I'm looking forward to using it.

I hate to admit it but I rarely dig BIG nuggets. Five grams and under accounts for the vast majority of it, and the GPZ 19 will reportedly offer excellent depth improvements on these bread and butter nuggets. For the places most of us hunt in the U.S. I am skeptical of the likelihood of very large nuggets still remaining that have been missed at great depths, but I am more than willing to bet on nuggets of a few grams missed just an inch or two deeper.

IMG_0051.PNG

IMG_0052.PNG

• Like 4

One interesting thing from the graph is that the 19" is outperforming in low mineralization soil with larger nuggets. In pretty significant way according to these results, and I'm pretty hard to impress due to my neverending skepticism but if those results are proved in the field then this coil might bring some nice stuff up out of the ground. So if a person has some deep BIG nuggets and good quiet soil then you never know, maybe something big will turn up. I know some of us know places in Arizona that produced 30+ gram nuggets down to 22ish inches with bedrock another 1-2 ft deep yet. Looking forward to some field results. I wasn't too impressed with the 14" down there personally.

Conversely, look at the result in HM HY/D on the big nugget, yowch.

Also the 19" outperforms the 14" on this graph for every small nugget too, which isn't what the blog says, they said the 14" was better on small stuff. Wonder if they meant smaller than they have on this graph?

Yeah this thing looks kinda like a dedicated lunker hunter. If I were using it some places I'd just not bother with any target that gets kicked over in the first 1-4 inches and get those later with the 14" much quicker. Just from a productivity/time perspective.

Which seems like a good time again to mention that what I really want in a detector more than discrim is an accurate depth gauge so I can only dig the ones deeper than x, even more so with a deeper beeper. In a way it is actually discrim by proxy anyways in alot of places... Since I know some ML guys must be conveniently reading now. :tongue:

• Like 1

I think with a little ingenuity it's possible with any reflective target. Fast enough MCU's now that looking at something like a push button radar-like feature may be possible with a different frequency that need not be related to your pulse/CW in any way. A couple other potential methods too. No idea if they'd work, but defintely some ways to try that old tech can't do anyways, I'm hopeful anyways!

If I had the time/money I'd build these sorts of things myself just to see if they worked. The future of detecting can't get here fast enough for me!