Minelab GPZ 19 Coil - Full Official Information Release

A whole pound heavier than the 14" coil.. yikes. 

That might be more than I can handle. Been swinging my GPZ the last two days and if it got any heavier I might need to get a hipstick. The bungy I use doesn't even seem to be taking the weight off that much anymore.

I never realized General was so much better on larger deeper gold (according to the graph). I always run High Yield and if it's finding the small stuff I always figured the big stuff would be that much louder. I realize General drops the sensitivity a little so you hear less ground noise but it just seems counter intuitive to me. Strong > Weak. Guess I just haven't wrapped my head around it yet. 

I compare High Yield to General a lot on undug targets. Often the case is if I've found something in HY, General will usually also see it, but the response may be weaker. But when using General, if I've detected something bigger or more solid, when switching to HY I often get a very wobbly or fluffy response, so General definitely better. So if you want to get all the smaller stuff, stick to HY, but if you don't care about missing the odd tiddler, but like the idea of hitting a better deeper bit, then stick to General. 

What is interesting in the graph is that with the 19 in HY and Difficult, seems to be matching the 14 in HY and Normal. I found a lot of my early Zed gold in HY/Norm but was restricted to milder ground. If I can get that level of performance in hotter ground.......fun times

• Like 4

Guest Jennifer
On 10/26/2016 at 9:47 PM, Sourdough Scott said:

For the approximate price of a 1 ozt of gold. You can get this bigger coil, and possibly unleash the true power of the GPZ 7000. Sounds like a no brainer. If you have a Zed, who wouldn't want that. This gives you the opportunity to find many more ozs of gold. The 7000 is a amazing detector.  Since my season is winding down due to that evil season called winter. I get to sit back and hopefully hear reviews from average joe detectorists in Australia.  I can kick the tires for a while.  

My only question with this coil, will the extra deep  setting come into play with this? Still baffled by the extra deep setting. 

Sour, are you the gentleman I met on Rye Patch that day? Our chat and your evangualizing the love of your 7000 combined with talking with Doc, put me over the edge to purchase one as well. :)

Guest Jennifer
On 10/26/2016 at 6:11 PM, jasong said:

Yeah this thing looks kinda like a dedicated lunker hunter. If I were using it some places I'd just not bother with any target that gets kicked over in the first 1-4 inches and get those later with the 14" much quicker. Just from a productivity/time perspective.

My thoughts exactly.... "Hey honey, if I bought you a nice diamond ring, would you just follow along behind me with my old 5000 and a 14" Evo?" :rolleyes:

Jen

I wondering from looking at the connection on the coil that it screws onto the machine inside the shaft.  What would keep someone from making a modification to access that connection to where you could use an aftermarket NF or Coiltec coil and just wind the cable on the outside of the shaft like we have always done.

44 minutes ago, WesH said:

I wondering from looking at the connection on the coil that it screws onto the machine inside the shaft.  What would keep someone from making a modification to access that connection to where you could use an aftermarket NF or Coiltec coil and just wind the cable on the outside of the shaft like we have always done.

They are two different technologies. The Z coil has three windings.

22 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

I compare High Yield to General a lot on undug targets. Often the case is if I've found something in HY, General will usually also see it, but the response may be weaker. But when using General, if I've detected something bigger or more solid, when switching to HY I often get a very wobbly or fluffy response, so General definitely better. So if you want to get all the smaller stuff, stick to HY, but if you don't care about missing the odd tiddler, but like the idea of hitting a better deeper bit, then stick to General. 

What is interesting in the graph is that with the 19 in HY and Difficult, seems to be matching the 14 in HY and Normal. I found a lot of my early Zed gold in HY/Norm but was restricted to milder ground. If I can get that level of performance in hotter ground.......fun times

That's interesting. I've been in many spots where the teeny tiny pieces of wire and specks of lead keep coming and also the occasional dink nugget. It's deep ground so after a day or two of hunting the place I'd like to sniff out bigger, deeper stuff. And I do know that wobbly response you mentioned in HY, we discussed it in the other thread. Might have to give General a try now :happy:

The GPZ seems pretty simple at first but the more you learn about it the more complex it gets, in a good way too.