Every Dog Has His Day With His MX Sport

Today was my day. Oh no big treasure but the coins was coming to light.

I went late today to hunt a playgrounds at my church. This church came into being in mid 60's but the playground is not that old. I started hunting but at first not hitting anything. Then got a Id for a penny but maybe a little higher ID for it. Well I dug it and it was down say 3 inches. I check the hole with my TRX and it said nothing else. I always run over with the coil before covering the hole and when I did I had ID of a dime. Sure enough about 4 inch from the hole lay a dime with some dirt that came from the hole I dug. I had flip the dime out of the hole but didn't know it. I was trying to stay in the shade because the Sun was hot in the open. I moved over to hunt at the end of a small slide and I'd move the coil just a little getting another hit each time. Everything was coming up dimes in just a very small area.

After that the sun was getting to me again so I moved under this tree to hunt around it. I didn't find not over three coins so then turn back to hunt the other side of the slide. Before I got there is where the fun started. I got a quarter signal first then dug down and out pop two quarters stuck together. I check the hole again but it wasn't in the same hole but next to it. This time out came a quarter with a dime stuck to it. This the way it went with the area no bigger than a dinner plate. After it was all over in that one spot I had found 5 quarters and the same on the dimes. I did find about 3 pennies in the same holes. I had yet found a nickel but when I ran the coil over for the last time I got a nickel reading and it was one nickel.  

I keep hunting for a while finding more quarters and dimes with a penny here and there. I'm not finish hunting this playground and will do it on a cooler day. I didn't get a count on the total being Church was going to start and I take care of the sound system.I could see none of the coins was old as in silver or wheat.

This Dog had a fun day.

Chuck.

PS Hey Tom you were right on up the sen. for a better PP

Thanks 

• Like 4

For who would like to know I had the 6 X 10 DD coil on my MX Sport. When you're hunting with a DD is like a knife blade in the ground. So like I should be I was hunting low and slow so not to miss anything.

Chuck

Glad to hear the sensitivity helped you pinpoint. There is a park down the road from the factory here in Sweet Home that I call "penny hill." Last time I was testing machines I stopped digging 50-75 VDI range because there was just too many pennies! But maybe I should go back to try and beat the "Penny King"---

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/find/bill-green-the-penny-king/

• Like 2

Tom 

Thanks for posting about the penny king. I think anyone can do the same but the detector can't do it by it's self. In my hay day I would average from 6 hundred to a thousand dollars in coins a year.                                                                                            The main reason for me to post on how much I like the MX Sport is to let others know how great it is. You just can't go wrong buying this detector.. The ID is right on the money. Like when the last coin in the hole the detector said it was a nickel with the ID of 20 and that's what a nickel is on the MXS. The ID is just one of many attributes the MXS has to offer.

The best thing for anyone that has a interest in the MX Sport is pull up the User's Guide and watch some video's. In this way you know up front all about your MX Sport before you get it.

One thing if the rain don't bother you it won't bother your MX Sport being it's waterproof. Takes a licking and keeps on detecting. haha 

Chuck 

• Like 1

When back this morning but didn't hunt long. Me and heat just don't do well together. Did find 4 dimes and 3 pennies but like said too hot.

The batteries in my MXS is the ones that came with it. They just now are showing the sign of a little age on them. I really don't know how many hours of run time I have but it's easy on batteries.

That SPP run time I have is about 4 hours on a set of AA's. I do have a recharge set that i use but like said it's not a all day run.

I'm going back on a cool day and too maybe after some rain would help.

Chuck.