White's TDI SL Video

tboykin

Josh Bohmker helped us shoot this video for the TDI SL. He and his dad are refining a technique of hunting pocket gold down in Southern Oregon and I was able to join him and Dennis Dickson for a day trip. Afterwards we all hunted in the rain for a couple hours. Found an old stamp mill and the diggings but the cold rain seeped into our bones pretty quick. Did pan around the mill and managed some specks but we'll save the nuggets for the next trip down...dit

• Like 4

• The title was changed to White's TDI SL Video

Tom

Thanks for the video. I've never own the TDI SL but do have the SPP. When the TDI's first came out I had one of the first that came off the line.

This is just me If was to go buy another TDI I'd have to go with the TDI Pro. The cost between the two is not that much different in price. I got the SPP just to say I've got a PI and at times I may have the need for it.

I know the first TDI I had had great depth on the beach beyond any detector I've used before.

Chuck

Nice.. Semi-coincidentally I happened to see this a few weeks ago on YT while checking out comparison / contrast vids for higher kHz VLFs -- GMT / Eureka Gold / GB2 etc -- when it showed up in the list to the right..

And good idea -- saving the nuggies for the next trip.. Skunk-B-Gone..:biggrin:

Swamp

Nice video Tom.

I've been thinking lately of "toying" with a TDi S/L (sounds surprisingly like the GP's)

• Like 1

On 11/6/2016 at 4:31 AM, tboykin said:

Currently that is correct.

Can you divulge why the Pro and SPP variants have been discontinued? 

For what it's worth I think it was a good move, the SL was the one TDI model that stood out for me, but still with many niggling things than could be cleaned up and improved. 

22 hours ago, Des D said:

Nice video Tom.

I've been thinking lately of "toying" with a TDi S/L (sounds surprisingly like the GP's)

sound much like an SD series to me, but a bit different to a GP. 

The SPP had not been for sale in the US but it didn't sale like White's hoped it would. They had been in storage and Jimmy Sierra took them and put SPP on them. The S stands for Sierra and the other is Prospector Pro.

When they were first put on sale they came with two coils. I had to have one and I got it. In the past I've used it as a backup PI detector. It has a recharge system but it only last about 4 hours.

The TDI Pro comes with a high cost to make more so than the SL. I do hope they bring back the TDI Pro back if they can kick it up to equal the GP if not better.

Chuck 

5 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Can you divulge why the Pro and SPP variants have been discontinued? 

For what it's worth I think it was a good move, the SL was the one TDI model that stood out for me, but still with many niggling things than could be cleaned up and improved. 

The Pro was a solid performer in terms of depth, though you had to fight the threshold to get it. The reason it is discontinued is the components are obsolete/prohibitively expensive. What improvements would you like to see in the TDI SL?