Steve And Others G2 Or G2+ ?

Is there any usable difference with the Teknetics G2+ when used for nugget hunting?

In my opinion, if it was just for nugget detecting only, the G2 will find any gold the G2+ will find. All the extra features are just that, so it really just depends if any of those extra featuresĀ are worth the extra money to you.

Just a reminder - the Tek G2+ and Fisher F19 are the same detector, but with different coils and handle grip setups. I like the G2+ handle/grip better but prefer the solid elliptical coil on the F19 so as usual no one detector seems to make me totally happy!

Thank you Steve. As always your opinion is highly appreciated.

I used to use the Teknetics G2 and Omega a lot from 2010 to January 2015.Ā  I also owned two Fisher F19's which, as Steve H. mentioned, is the same circuitry but in a more comfortable rod/grip package.Ā  I do a little Gold Nugget Hunting, but not nearly on the level Steve does, partly due to where I live and health mobility limitations, but I do hunt nugget country a bit.

IĀ agree with Steve that, for only nugget hunting use, there really isn't much difference between the two.Ā  Overall use there is some, but it's kind of a toss-up which I prefer.Ā  I like th4 G2 & G2+ rod and grip design, and can't stand the 11" BiAxial (Double-D) search coil.Ā  All I used were the 5" DD and the 5X10 DD coils.

I did find the newer G2+ gave slightly better depth and responsiveness onĀ  higher-conductive, smaller-size coins, like silver and copper, but I thought the earlier G2 had a little better iron-range of adjustment in the Discriminate mode as the G2+/F19 called for a very high setting just to reject iron nails so there wasn't fine tuning for Relic Hunting iron littered sites.

But for chasing lower-conductive gold nuggets, it's probably a toss-up.

Monte

• Like 1

Thank you Monte,your thoughts are always welcome and appreciated