Looking For " Cold Gold "

Paul is his own 'high pressure' system so he should be fine.

• Like 1

More "Cold Gold weather in NorCal~~~~~

Klunker and I managed to get out today and check the snow pack to see if we could detect.:rolleyes:

These days we are pretty much looking for south facing hillsides... for obvious reasons.

I have been putting off going to AZ about as long as I can... and I haven't decided exactly where to land down there---

I may have to take Lucky's advice and head toward Yuma---- I have never been there and dont know anyone there, but I can figure that out when i arrive...

Any advice Condor?????

We ended up with 2.5 dwt today and i will let you guess how much i go of that....lol

I am going to edit this and add a link to show what the weather was like this morning when i stepped out of my little camper...Brrrrrrrrrrr........

We are bonafide crazy ...........hunting in this weather, but hey, "Cold Gold" is good gold!!!!

I enjoy the company--- (he cant hear ,,,so i can just talk and talk hahahahaha.....)

20161207_105128.jpg

• Like 2

It finally snowed here on the valley floor so my fair weather friend packed up in a rush and headed for a warmer climate. Since I'm snowed out, maybe for a few months, I thought it would be a good time to clean out my Jeep. I was removing six month old lunches, wads of dog hair, orange peals,apple cores, banana peels, empty break fluid cans,square nails, bullets and some greenish slime that may be useful for starting another round of human evolution and VAPauls GPZ7000. I called Paul and bragged about my new found treasure. The connection to his cell phone wasn't very clear and my hearing isn't very good so I thought he ask me to send it to Kingston, Alabama.

He called this morning and ask if I got his detector sent off. Yup I sure did. He called from Kingman, Arizona.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2016 at 8:39 AM, vanursepaul said:

More "cold gold" adventures NOW over in the Nevada high desert!

A note about Macro's customer service that we have become accustomed to hearing.

Problem: MGRacer has an intermittent issue. Sometimes the coil is working, others times not. Merton and I checked it out against his and decided it was the control box...coils were fine.

One little thing is the jam nut ..the inner plastic tab has a tendency you snap off. It is on the inside and small, so if you have old man eyes like me it is hard to spot. Merton showed me where it was.

Fix: Wrote Dilek an email.... That email was answered almost immediately.

Then I got another from a tech backing her letter up with instructions on his to proceed... 

Outcome: Pleased

PS I really like the big 15x13 coil !!!!

Back to the desert today to play...

VA,

"Weather Report" from over here on the orange belt of the Sierra Nevada west slope. Up from the mid 20's to high 40's today with rain, snow on the way. My shower this morning was a little to hot for my liking. Apparently, I should have read through this post earlier. I have a used dealer Makro Gold Racer still under warranty due in Saturday. Plan to used it to scrub some stock piles I don't care to haul off site for motorized processing. Don't expect anything above grain. I have the big stuff in my poke next the gold coins.  Folks sure are tight lipped when it comes to Northern Nevada gold detecting, making me take the long way around. Sorry don't know anything regarding MD Arizona other than it's supposed be warm. The little woman has family in Melbourne and Broken Hill. Unfortunately, they have already meet me. Need to go wrap the oranges, know where I get my hand some some extra foil, preferably gold in color? The accent that Quincy, Ca or Quincy, OK, sounds to soft for Texas. When operating, how's the MG Racer working for you?

Semper fi doc

Smitty says "hey "and thanks you fer detectin' that metal in his buttock.

• Like 1

Grandma's family is from Grunty County; 4th Tennessee then out to Erath, Texas in 1870 then up into the territories anticipating Oklahoma would some day need a name for college football team. Blown westward in the 30's, still waiting for the winds to die down.  Been up to Plumas & Sierra  County a few times prospecting.  You make it out this way get in touch; more than willing to demonstrate how to avoid the gold in these brush covered hills.   Take care cuz

Quartzsite for you Paul ... just a day trip up from Yuma or down there depending on your starting point.