GPZ 19 Inch Coil Nice Bit Of Gold

G.B.

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

Very nice GB, Awesome to see & hear your report on the 19" after all the bashing we have had on certain forums. Good for you mate. Keep it up.

Good luck out there

JW :)

Thanks Kiwi. yeah its a shame l didn't mind the negative opinions on the coil that's their right to express but the personal attacks on peoples character were over the top

Congrats on joining the Zed Club but get a bigger pick.

Later placed nugget on ground and swung over it what a change in signal. Less than half the original depth before l could hear it and just a warbly pathetic scratchy signal with no low tone.  The response to the undug target absolutely smashed the response to the air test over the dug target. I'm happy. 

One reason I didn't put much faith in the air testing done was because I've experienced this with the GPZ14 coil a couple of times. Diminished signal once out of the hole & in one case all but lost the signal. I don't know the how's or why's but even with PI's I have found similar & believed the ground plays an important part in the performance. Maybe some have written it off way to early?

Nice find & hope there's some bigger, deeper lumps waiting for you + the 19!

Got to love that warble tone :)  Its one of my favorites.  Funny enough that tone usually occurs only with large bits or bits with sharp points but it never fails to halt me in my tracks.  It does not surprise me in the difference with insitu targets and air targets even if they are on the ground.  Seen a lot of foolish arguments in forums over the years about "air testing" so its best just to ignore them.  If nuggets were in the air we'd be using butterfly nets to get them not picks and crowbars.

:biggrin:  Good stuff.

• Like 4

Hi there GB. Good pick up mate and really interesting to hear of the comparison of the undug target against the air test.  I have always been of the opinion that air tests don't really give a true indication of depth due to a whole range of factors which relate to that individual spot.  My 19" wont get a run till I hit the Golden Triangle in late January.  Will be back over the spots where the 14" did so well after my 4500 sots. Bring it on.  cheers, Vet69

Thanks guys.
How true it is only time will tell how good this coil is you will love it or hate it.

Hell every day I learn something more about the Zed and now have the 19 added to the equation. On the weekend before we were out with Papoutsie and crew. GH got a target using the 14 in hy/difficult not loud but stopped him.

Tried gen/ difficult better response low tone signal called me over with 19 inch. hy/diff heard it. Gen/diff absolutely boomed out.

Heres the odd bit normal/gen good clear signal but all 5 of us agreed that the 19 smashed the 14 and best response was Gen/ diff not normal?

Was a 4 inch long bit of brass about 20 plus inches deep.

Coil very heavy but double over bungy combined with hip stick helps.

Catches sticks needs a different type of skid plate.

Needs a slow controlled sweep

Cheers.

• Like 1

I found the swing arm a boon to control the 19" sweep, have never used the swing arm before but combined with hipstick it tames the control and weight of the 19". Probably will now use it with the 14" too.

Doubt there will be many true users of the Z that wont love the 19", it certainly quietens the ground I hunt considerably, but it is good to read positive reports of the 19". Shameful what is going on in our OZ forums, such vicious negativity.

By the sounds of reports I will have to Aquire the 19" beast and hipstick , may be target some more of the deep sleeping nuggets hidding in me patches! ?

Squizz