Minelab PRO-SONIC Universal Wireless Audio System

I'm just asking that my CTX 3030 WM 10 will work with transmitter or I can buy it separately...

So we have clear situation now. The question is: price.

Not going to be cheap heard on the bush telegraph about $370 Aus $ :sad:. To replace a wm12 is $327 so $370 sounds about right hope I'm wrong.

Costs about that (Aud) to set a "Frankenstein" system up for the SDC now:

$100+ - wireless rx/tx

$30 - $200 - booster (to allow volume control) + speaker 

$100 - SDC adapter lead

$??? - various other required adapter leads, batteries etc.

Agree though hopefully it's cheaper than that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a point worth mentioning:  The SDC adaptor lead I make has a 1/4" socket on the end, so can be used to plug in whatever you wish - headphones, boosters, wireless systems. The one supplied in the Pro-Sonic kit has a USB plug on the end, so can only be used to plug into the wireless Transmitter. 

Another unknown unless I've missed it is expected run time. 

The best part about the Pro-Sonic kit is that it is essentially a booster, wireless receiver and speaker in one. This removes the need for a lot of wiring, and charging multiple devices. I always chase best/cleanest sound quality, so hopefully the Pro-Sonic delivers. 

9 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Just a point worth mentioning:  The SDC adaptor lead I make has a 1/4" socket on the end, so can be used to plug in whatever you wish - headphones, boosters, wireless systems. The one supplied in the Pro-Sonic kit has a USB plug on the end, so can only be used to plug into the wireless Transmitter. 

Another unknown unless I've missed it is expected run time. 

The best part about the Pro-Sonic kit is that it is essentially a booster, wireless receiver and speaker in one. This removes the need for a lot of wiring, and charging multiple devices. I always chase best/cleanest sound quality, so hopefully the Pro-Sonic delivers. 

Nenad, its not a booster as speakers plugged into it do not sound very nice. The Volume control on it is harsh but OK for use with its own internal speaker for SDC use. It compliments the SDC quite well, but works even better when a B&Z is plugged into the receiver unit. One quick set up I've used with the SDC was to mount the Pro-Sonic speaker unit on the top of the arm rest of the SDC, that way the audio is piped straight up at you rather than to the side through the SDC's built in speaker. This saves me having to use a harness for when I want a quick 1 hour detecting session, I can easily swing the SDC without a bungee for that amount of time.

For longer sessions and better quality audio I have my B&Z and dual speakers permanently mounted on my Camel Back, so going to the SDC is now very easy as I just plug into the receiver unit just like I do with the WM12 and put it in my right trouser pocket. I do have to back off the Volume on the receiver unit to prevent the audio from distorting but this is no different to any detector when using the B&Z combo.

My biggest complaint with the Pro-Sonic is the way it heralds a dropped audio packet, the GPZ 7000 and WM 12 does a much better job of this and is less distracting. Best bet is to place the receiver in plain view of the Transmitter to prevent crop outs.

JP

JP, would Minelab make something like this along with adding "power pack" capability with just with a generic clip to add whatever battery we choose? Sort of like a Gold Screamer except with wireless capability and the ability to add whatever battery we want.

I think the WM 12 speaker sounds way better than plugging an external speaker into my booster pack on my 4500, but I wouldn't buy just a wireless unit if I still had to be tethered to a battery.

From Minelab just now:

We are excited to announce the release of our new PRO-SONIC Wireless Audio System, which is available to order now from our Australian dealers, and will be available in other regions from January 2017 onwards!

Showing as in stock at Miners Den for AUS$399.00 ($269 at U.S. dealers)