Zed Backlight Led Upgrade

Woody

I personally find the Zed's LED backlight to be somewhat lacking and was wondering if any of the electronics guru's or even minelab had considered an upgrade?

I wouldn't mind shorter battery life and having to change to battery number two at lunchtime if I could see the screen better.

What are others thoughts on this and has anyone heard of anything?

Steve

Tis a problem in the suns glare for sure, but myself I very rarely use, basically maintain the same settings through each session, but for those who use the GPS function certainly would be annoying. A good colour transflective screen with droid OS, Oziexplorer mapping, export & import GPS data & maps would be the go for me. Maybe??????? in the future.

• Like 2

For the general changes in detecting settings I can do that without looking, but as you say using the GPS function with such a badly lit screen leaves me looking for the nearest shady tree or using my spare hand to cover the screen from external light. The other options you speak of would be awesome too :-)

Woody, 

You may have already tried this but...

I was having a fair bit of trouble viewing the screen - had to move my head around to get different angles to help the glare, etc. 

Then decided to put a new clear plastic screen cover on it - same as what goes on an iPhone but cut to size. 

Removed the old screen protector and realized that this had been the problem the whole time - it was crap. 

New screen protector = no more issues :smile:

• Like 2