New Metal Detectors Machines 2017

Ok Steve you really know something about new machines at 2017 ;) I was hear about new AT PRO 2 from Garrett but what more?

First Texas (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics) - The Fisher CZX was targeted for 2016 but is running late, maybe late 2017 or 2018?

Garrett - New coils/versions of ATX are running late, and new machine (AT Pro 2?) announced for 2017.

Edit May 2017 - this has now happened as expected - Garrett AT Max

Minelab - From Codan 2016 Annual Report, page 9: "In response to customer demand, two new products are planned for release in FY17. A larger coil for the GPZ 7000® will give a significant depth increase over the standard coil. In addition to this, an entry-level gold detector will be released to the African market at the end of 2016. This product has been specifically designed for the African market to fill a gap in our product range, and is expected to quickly take market share from competitors."

Edit April 2017 - this has now happened as expected - Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Nokta/Makro - New selectable frequency Nokta Impact announcement due by year end and available in 2017.

Edit February 2017 - this has now happened as expected - Nokta Impact

XP - DEUS V4 and new high frequency coils announced and to be available in 2017

Edit February 2017 - this has now happened as expected - Deus V4

White's - Lots of talk this year about exciting product in pipeline but that is about it. Obvious to me anyway is that any old black metal box designs are on the chopping block with replacement models in the works leveraging the MX Sport housing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Lots to look forward to.  I suspect the new Minelab will be Africa only - like the deus variant distributed there.

The Musketera XTZ

RR

Likewise, I suspect the new Fisher machine - CZX - will be aimed squarely at Africa and gold, but apparently will emphasize ease of use and good depth in any soil, no matter the mineralization ....

we'll see when we see it.

Its very nice seeing all the latest top machines from the top players in the detecting arena and of course the very clever 'slick' marketing,but for me i will be sitting on the sideline as usual,for me i use a tried and tested 12 month time duration before i even think about buying a new machine,this i feel gives me enough time to see if any design faults or glitches start appearing,and of course in recent years we have seen a few.

Of course this is only how i make a buying decision on any new product and thus far its worked well for me,good luck for all those folks who are in the market for a new machine and may 2017 be the year you strike it lucky,if you dont strike it lucky just carry on enjoying detecting like we all do :wink:

"I'm excited about a New MInelab coin machine due out next spring?

Maybe they're finally introducing the GPX2600 to the African market?"

With all the new detectors coming on the market in 2017 will be more excitement than one can stand. I think I should have said more than I can buy.

I think all detectors companies have something cooking in their oven for 2017. Like a car dealer they all want your money and this may help keep the price down.

At one time here in Texas we had lots of Treasure Shows but due to the low turnout it went by the wayside. I don't know if we have less swingers out there are people are doing other things than coin hunt. You just didn't hear about nugget hunting and nothing about PI detectors. It was all coin or nothing back when.

I'm sure others have found there is life after coin and for some the color comes up gold.

Best too all on whatever trail you take !

Chuck

• 2 months later...

Minelab original quote regarding its 6th Partner Conference, in Las Vegas, January 2017.

We held various training sessions, workshops and announced the introduction of several new Minelab products which will be available later in 2017! The first of this being the GOLD MONSTER 1000.

In my interpretation more than a new CPZ coil and the Monster.

Cheers, Zampano