More Fun With 19"

Norvic

Ok, I am having a ball with the 19", getting to really like it. I suspect it is a more advanced coil then the 14", or perhaps it is just its size but it is as quiet as (keep settings JP conservative) and powerful. You have probably had those signals "disappear" with the 14" and you`ve had to widen out your hole to get coil in (signals still too deep to pick up on side). Well get ready for the 19" because you are going to get more, especially with the deep smaller bits around 1 gram. These occurrences or digs really push home the message air tests are totally meaningless when in the real world.

Now to talk ML into making us say a 11x12 or such that if possible is as quiet as the 19"....................... maybe 60% lighter:blink: I never said that............

• Like 6

The GPZ 19" coil is a beast in more weighs than won! :biggrin: I would love to see a small coil for the ZED especially if it was nice and light. But one things for certain I do not want an open webbed coil, that's my main complaint with the 19".

JP

• Like 7

Yeah, sort of with you on the open web, but for me a solid coil cover would solve that, after a few yards working in the grass mine accumulates a "birds nest", the way current coil covers clip on receive coils clips catch pieces of grass. But as it`s performing sort of put up with this, will stop and glue a thin bit of ??? plastic over once it stops picking up weight. If the bloody thing weighted twice as much I`d still be a happy vegemite at this stage.:wink:

Good fun, look out for a increase in those "imaginary" signals we`ve grown to love with the 14".

• Like 2

I've been lobbying for that smaller coil for the GPZ for a while. The 14 is a good coil, but there are plenty of rocky and brushy areas that I prospect in which you just cant get the 14 inch coil into. Not every gold bearing area looks like an empty parking lot at the mall - perfectly flat with zero obstructions. I'm hoping for a small coil in the future - maybe an 8X9?

Just as the 19 is so popular in Australia, I think a smaller coil would be very popular in the US.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...