Steve Herschbach

Latest Word On New Nokta Impact Three Frequency Detector

20 posts in this topic

I am really looking forward to  the field testing results of the new Nokta Impact.  I am running a Xterra 705 Gold pack and packing and switching coils to change the frequency gets old.   Plus you have to take the extra coils with you. Being able to access three different frequencies on the fly with one coil sounds great.I noticed today that Dilek said the Racer 2 wireless headphones will be compatible with the Impact barring any unforeseen test results.

Steve, I noticed there are three coils in the picture of the impact.  Do anticipate that only the large coil will run on all three frequencies?

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2338843

Edited by Maximus
Coil question

How do they stuff the cable inside the pole and still be able to use multiple coils? Sure wish they had poles that would adjust like my hollow camera tripod legs with almost infinite adjustments and  locking tabs instead of locking collars.

The same way the GPZ, CTX 3030 and Garrett ATX do it. The cable runs up inside the rod and attaches to the control box. The CTX and GPZ do use lock tabs that can work in any position, and the Impact may also.

As does the Explorer and Etrac. I wonder how the introduction of Rutus Alter71 will impact the sales of the Impact and the Deus, maybe not as much in the States but here in Europe the the Rutus is getting great reviews, so much so some lads have sold on their Deus after testing.

14 hours ago, Maximus said:

Steve, I noticed there are three coils in the picture of the impact.  Do anticipate that only the large coil will run on all three frequencies?

No, I would anticipate that all coils made for the Impact will run at all three frequencies. I could be wrong however.

Sneak peek of upper half of Nokta Impact culled from Christmas greeting at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2758-merry-christmas-and-happy-new-year/

nokta-impact-upper-handle-grip.jpg

Don't want to give anything away but I can tell you the standard coil will look a lot like the one pictured above. LOL 

1 person likes this

Some  new info on FM.  Nokta says the Impact will be updatable online.

9 hours ago, Maximus said:

Some  new info on FM.  Nokta says the Impact will be updatable online.

I wonder how long till Minelab sue them?

Some folks may find info in this link interesting.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2344131

From the thread mentioned a couple times above, a post by Dilek at Nokta:

"Hello all. I know you are curious about the Impact - yes the device is actually ready but based on feedbacks from testers, we are doing some updates. Please note that this device is currently being tested in many different countries around the world by a significant amount of users and testers. It is not an easy task to get all the feedbacks, evaluate them and make decisions on implementing it or not as the preferences differ a lot.  We really want to make sure that all is taken care of for the end-users and we really optimize the device for the general public before release. Thank you for your patience."

and

"Yes, the device will have online update capability! "

nokta-impact-metal-detector.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Just posted April 26 - regular users are getting their hands on the Impact now. Some nice finds plus some lessons in what not to do....

• By Shanan
      Hi Steve & All
      Im UK based and detect for coins, relics, well just about anything really, I may even have found some info of a river that may produce gold,
      Im not sure how many of you guys can help, Im in the market for a new detector and I have been pondering the XP Deus for some time but have held fire on my purchase because of the release of the Nokta Impact, I am always on this site looking at the reviews etc and wanted to hear any experiences of the Nokta Impact, I know its early days yet and reviews are thin on the ground, but experts like yourselves will have an initial feeling about new gear and instantly know if you like it or not,
      in the UK the Deus will be around £300-£350 more expencive than the Impact, so my question is to those who may have both, Which do you prefer, why, which would be your go to machine, does the Impact compare to the Deus, which do you think maybe the best all rounder, is the Deus worth the extra $
      Any help is greatfully received, Thanks in Advance, Shanan
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Members,
      Below is the link to the manual as promised.
      I am sorry it took so long but we went thru several edits.
      Thank you all who helped us with the manual.
      http://noktadetectors.com/downloads/impact-user-manual.pdf

• By Steve Herschbach

Dear Valued Members:
      We are proud to announce the new IMPACT, that has been tested in 5 continents by more than 30 engineers, experts and users!
      IMPACT is a 3-frequency device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) combining  multiple detectors  and enabling a unique yet easy-to-use detector experience for new to experienced detectorists.
      Impact Features:
      12 Search Modes (2 non-motion, 2 all metal, 8 discrimination modes)
      Advanced Discrimination & Unmasking Ability
      Online Firmware Updates
      Optional 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones
      Vibration
      LED Flashlight
      Operating Frequency: 5kHz - 14kHz - 20kHz Warranty: 2 years Weight: 1.8 kg (4 lbs.) including search coil and batteries 12 Search Modes: 2 Non-motion Modes (with audio discrimination) 2 All Metal Modes (with audio discrimination) 8 Discrimination Modes - 2 Tone / 3 Tone / 4 Tones / 99 Tones / Deep / Conductive Ground / VLX1 and VLX Ground Balance with 3 Options: Automatic, Manual, Tracking Notch Filter: Discriminates single or multiple Target IDs of unwanted metals by silencing them or giving an iron tone. Tone Break: Adjusts the break points of the target response tones on the Target ID range. Iron Audio (Fe Vol): Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone Audio Tone: Changes the frequency of target and threshold tones (150Hz - 700Hz). iSAT: Allows for a stable operation of the device by eliminating false signals caused by high mineralization and hot rocks in the all metal and discrimination modes as well as eliminating threshold drifts caused by ground and temperature changes in the static modes. Magnetic Mineralization Indicator: Shows mineralization intensity of the ground. Extra features at the push of a button: Audio Boost, ID Normalization, Target ID Depth Level. Backlight (Bright) FD / Save: Easily saves your settings or restores factory defaults. PRICING AND AVAILABILITY 
      11000701 IMPACT STANDARD PACKAGE  MSRP: $849 USD
      Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Headphones, 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable
      11000702 IMPACT PRO PACKAGE  MSRP: $999 USD
      Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Waterproof IM19 - DD Search Coil  19 cm x 10 cm (7.5'' x 4''), Headphones, Carrying Bag, Protective Covers, Stand, Extra Lower Shaft, AC & Car Charger, 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries, USB Cable
      Optional Search Coils:
      Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil  40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'') 
      Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil 24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")
      Owners Manual http://noktadetectors.com/downloads/impact-user-manual.pdf
      We are now taking the pre-orders from dealers and product will start shipping to dealers the 3rd week of March.  We will ship the orders to dealers in the order they are received. 
      Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact me.
      Regards, Dilek

• By PhaseTech
      Hi all, 
      While up in the goldfields earlier this week I tried the Impact on a trashy spot. I used the stock 11x7" coil in the All-metal Gen mode and 20 kHz. I was very impressed at how well it ran. 
      I was in "warmish" mineralisation. Mild sandy wash, but with various sized hot rocks. It was where a forest track cuts across a creek/gully. This particular junction has quite a bit of trash, so I just detected along ignoring any very low numbers. Most targets dug were non-ferrous. I got fooled on one large bit of wire that was sitting upright. I dug about 4 hot rocks that were a very faint but good sounding signal, but not strong enough to register any ID on the screen. The most impressive dig was a nice clear hit ID of 35, and I dug down and it was a small round seal off a juice bottle, which was sitting on it's edge. No gold, but Zed's have cleaned up all the fainter signals in this spot so no surprises there. My settings were Sens 66-72 and iSat on 6. I wasn't using Tracking, so was re-ground balancing using the trigger. 
      I've done some tests using the smaller 7.5" elliptical in 20 kHz, against the Fors Gold+ (19 kHz) with the 5" coil, and there really isn't much in it. The Gold+ has a little bit more aggressive sound to it, but the Impact is smoother, sounds pretty much like an older wiser Gold Racer  
      The threshold and tone adjustments steps in the Impact are spot on - two features I rate very highly for a unit to be taken seriously as a gold machine. It's really looking to be an excellent all-rounder. 
    • By Ridge Runner
      We have been hearing about every detector other than Nokta Impact. I've been sitting here waiting and waiting to hear from them.
      Nokta it's time you let the cat out of the bag and show us a little .Do like White's been doing just show a little of at a time.
      Oh the Nokta Fors Gold Plus is all Plus.
      Chuck

PS Cat and metal detector is one of the same.( It's hit the market )

NOTE - THIS IS AN OLDER THREAD. The latest information on the Nokta Impact may be found here.