Steve Herschbach

Latest Word On New Nokta Impact Three Frequency Detector

20 posts in this topic

I am really looking forward to  the field testing results of the new Nokta Impact.  I am running a Xterra 705 Gold pack and packing and switching coils to change the frequency gets old.   Plus you have to take the extra coils with you. Being able to access three different frequencies on the fly with one coil sounds great.I noticed today that Dilek said the Racer 2 wireless headphones will be compatible with the Impact barring any unforeseen test results.

Steve, I noticed there are three coils in the picture of the impact.  Do anticipate that only the large coil will run on all three frequencies?

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2338843

Edited by Maximus
Coil question

How do they stuff the cable inside the pole and still be able to use multiple coils? Sure wish they had poles that would adjust like my hollow camera tripod legs with almost infinite adjustments and  locking tabs instead of locking collars.

The same way the GPZ, CTX 3030 and Garrett ATX do it. The cable runs up inside the rod and attaches to the control box. The CTX and GPZ do use lock tabs that can work in any position, and the Impact may also.

As does the Explorer and Etrac. I wonder how the introduction of Rutus Alter71 will impact the sales of the Impact and the Deus, maybe not as much in the States but here in Europe the the Rutus is getting great reviews, so much so some lads have sold on their Deus after testing.

14 hours ago, Maximus said:

Steve, I noticed there are three coils in the picture of the impact.  Do anticipate that only the large coil will run on all three frequencies?

No, I would anticipate that all coils made for the Impact will run at all three frequencies. I could be wrong however.

Sneak peek of upper half of Nokta Impact culled from Christmas greeting at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2758-merry-christmas-and-happy-new-year/

nokta-impact-upper-handle-grip.jpg

Don't want to give anything away but I can tell you the standard coil will look a lot like the one pictured above. LOL 

1 person likes this

Some  new info on FM.  Nokta says the Impact will be updatable online.

9 hours ago, Maximus said:

Some  new info on FM.  Nokta says the Impact will be updatable online.

I wonder how long till Minelab sue them?

Some folks may find info in this link interesting.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2344131

From the thread mentioned a couple times above, a post by Dilek at Nokta:

"Hello all. I know you are curious about the Impact - yes the device is actually ready but based on feedbacks from testers, we are doing some updates. Please note that this device is currently being tested in many different countries around the world by a significant amount of users and testers. It is not an easy task to get all the feedbacks, evaluate them and make decisions on implementing it or not as the preferences differ a lot.  We really want to make sure that all is taken care of for the end-users and we really optimize the device for the general public before release. Thank you for your patience."

and

"Yes, the device will have online update capability! "

nokta-impact-metal-detector.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      On his forum at http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,121626
      This gives a very rare, in fact as far as I know, never before seen inside look at the prototyping process and field test reporting. Thomas Dankowski is a true "engineer nerd" (I say that as a compliment) and so goes to extreme lengths and detail beyond what would normally be seen. His extremely lengthy and copious notes also provide many insights about what to possibly expect from the new Nokta Impact. Keep in mind things changed from the early reports to the final product so things Tom talks about early on change at later dates. Quoting from his thread out of context could cause a lot of misperceptions to arise.
      The thread well illustrates something I have observed for some time. When it comes to max depth, standard single frequency induction balance detecting technology is tapped out. Look at the struggle to obtain not another inch but even just another 0.1 inch of depth. The main advantages have come as of late in recovery speed and the ability to separate closely spaced targets. Max depth however is at a standstill. Tom's testing just confirms what I have been seeing for years. It is near impossible to discern more than hair splitting differences for max depth between most top of the line VLF detectors these days.
      And now a Report on the Nokta Impact from Keith Southern
      And a Report From Ziggy
      Report from Lawrenzo - Low-Boy/LCPM
      Report from tnsharpshooter
      Report from goodmore
      Report from Sven1

• By Steve Herschbach
      The Makro and Nokta 9.5" x 5" DD closed elliptical design has been discontinued in favor of a open style design for the Impact, the IM24. The new design is not bouyant like the old design and so will be popular with water hunters in particular. Part numbers for the new coil are available for other Makro and Nokta models There is also a new 5" round coil for the Nokta Impact.

RC24 Black 14 kHz - Racer 1 (Red Racer) and Racer 2
      FC24 Black 15 kHz - FORS CoRe
      FR24 Black 19 kHz - FORS Relic
      FGP24 White 19 kHz - FORS Gold+

• By martygene
      What is the very latest Impact firmware as of 6-23-17? Mine should be here sometime next week and before I get started I will download and install the latest firmware but I'd like to be sure which one it actually is as I have seen that there have been many updates of late ( which is a good thing) but I don't want to start to get used to one way and find out that I'm not up to date. Thanks.
      gene
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Hello all...I get emails from customers asking for an update on the optional coils and headphones for the Impact.

IM24 Waterproof DD Search Coil 24 x 13 cm (9.5" x 5") and IM40 Waterproof DD Search Coil 40 x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'') are now in production and have shipped to most of the dealers around the world.

Wireless headphones - test samples have been received by the testers and we are waiting for their feedbacks. If no issues are encountered, we will go to production. Will keep you updated.

Dilek
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      I have emailed Dilek the following.
      It would be nice if Impact was updated giving the user the choice of which frequency to be used to normalize the Vdi of targets.
      For hunting sites with loads of modern trash, it would be nice to be able to run 20khz, yet have the ID geared to 5khZ.
      This just one example.
      Much like the Rutus Alter 71 does.

• By Ricardo P.
      Hello.
      I'm still considering acquiring my first metal detector. My main target would be gold nuggets in an area where gold has been mined before for millennia and there are plenty quartzite veins in granite rocks and a good number of small winter creeks. However I would like to also use my detector on nearby beaches and finding coins and relics is also a possibility around here, because of a rich historical background. So I guess I would need a solid all-rounder with could operate on a frequency high enough to make it hot for gold nuggets. It should be priced around the 1.000-1250 mark and I cannot justify a second, specialized metal detector.
      I recently looked at the Nokta Impact and got interested. Do you think it would fit the bill? What configuration would be more effective? Or are there other alternatives that you might recommend - like the minelab X-terra 705 (my previous favorite choice)?
      Thx
      Ricardo