Where O Where Is The GPZ 19 Coil For The USA

schiara

Don't get me wrong the 19" coil showed us an improvement of around 30 percent over the 14" coil and the 14" coil showed around 30 percent improvement over the 4500 or 5000 with the standard 11" coil just as Minelab has claimed. But if you have already been thoroughly over a piece of ground with a 20" mono on the 4500 or 5000 our tests indicate the 19" coil may be disappointing. Next season I will continue to try and prove otherwise. From what we have found it's best performance is likely to be on specimens. Johnno

• Like 1

I've hunted ground covered heavily by 4500s and 5000s, and I came in with my GP3500 and found a lot of gold they missed, and then the GPZ was released, and I found even more gold than the 3500 on the same ground. That just tells me its more of skill, luck and persistence.

• Like 2

A patch is never worked out. Moisture content of the soil, emi, coil size, coil sweep speed, coil swing overlap, detector settings are just a few of the things that can mask a nugget from detection. Even when a patch is gridded, nuggets still pop out every so often. Open fields several acres in size would be tough to work out, regardless of which Minelab detector was used.

• Like 4