Goldscreamer Power Pack

Au4Gold2

Wondering if anyone's using the GoldScreamer power packs for their gpx? Thinking I may have to go that route very soon....if you do how do you like the system? Has anyone had any bad experience with using it as its not an official minelab battery.

Use it exclusively on my 5k and love it.

• Like 1

Ive been using mine for 5 years  and logged about 4000 hours of use . it has worked flawlessly for me .i never disconnect it and keep all wires in the same location. some friends of mine have had a few broken wire issues but they were always disconnecting the cable from the control box . the newer screamer cover keeps the power cable in a better spot than the older one. on the side verses the bottom.

also i switched to Wasabi batteries from Amazon and have been very satisfied with their performance. 2 batteries and a charger for $59 . that my two bits good luck!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cabelafella said:

Ive been using mine for 5 years  and logged about 4000 hours of use . it has worked flawlessly for me .i never disconnect it and keep all wires in the same location. some friends of mine have had a few broken wire issues but they were always disconnecting the cable from the control box . the newer screamer cover keeps the power cable in a better spot than the older one. on the side verses the bottom.

also i switched to Wasabi batteries from Amazon and have been very satisfied with their performance. 2 batteries and a charger for $59 . that my two bits good luck!

Could you give us a little more info on the Wasabi batteries you're using.

How do you hook them up? Did you solder in your own wires and pin adapter.

I looked them up and don't see anything Minelab specfic but I am in Canada and and looked at Amazon Canada site maybe different on the American site. What are the specs on the battery?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Aptx low latecy look up wire free at last there's a thread on it. I also got the aptx wireless rechargable headphones that work great!

the gold screamer uses a sony style camcorder battery , NP-F950 or 970 . these batteries are a  replacement that are working great for me. they slide into the same receptacle as the original batteries that come with the gold screamer

https://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-DCR-VX2100-HVR-HD1000U-HXR-MC2000U/dp/B00FQ0RB92?th=1

• Like 1