Chocolate Mountains

I am interested in hearing if anyone has had any luck detecting the Chocolates. West of 78/Ogilby. I am aware of both the mine and the bombing range, there are areas that are open. I have never seen or heard of a detected nugget, small gold that can be drywashed but has anyone here had any detecting success?

Gotta do your own research, and sometimes that means putting boots on the ground!

Yes, there is placer gold in the Chocolates, east of Glamis. Placer gold has been dry washed in ravines draining the south and west flanks of the range. Never assume because only small gold is found dry washing that no larger gold exists. I recently saw a 20 gram nugget taken from a range in Nevada where the biggest dry wash gold I know of from there is about a half grain. Some very nice gold has been detected in the Cargo Muchacho range, which is the next range to the east (I've seen nuggets from there in excess of 1ounce), and the Chocolates have a similar geology. If I lived down there, I've check out the upper reaches of some of those ravines that had been dry washed - seems like a good prospect and one not already pounded by every prospector and his brother. 

• Like 3