New Forums For 2017

Steve Herschbach

Great ideas Steve.  Regarding Meteorites, I'm thinking it would fit fine under the "Rocks, Minerals, Gems & Geology" forum.

• Like 1

Sounds good, just had a look through your forum list, for specific stuff I just go to that forum via the flag that is alongside each recent post. That feature makes it a breeze getting into specific topics. Would be handy to have coins, relics, jewellery & geo subjects collected together under their respective headings, go to them easy using the flags.

I note you have specific forums for US States, other countries and OZ, maybe a name change just to Downunder to cover us all in the Southern Hemi, but for me as is, is AOK. I just love coming across the pond to this, the Worlds Top Prospecting Forum.

You are looking at the Archives which are not active forums - you can't post to them. The Archive is a collection of old threads from this forum that get moved there when I do periodic housecleaning. It makes it easy to find old threads collected by subject.

You can see the overall structure at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/

What I will be adding is several more active forums open for posting at the top along with this forum and the classifieds.

• Like 1

Glad to see some additional forums Steve.  Even though I really like following the prospecting forum,the fact is I get very few chances to nugget hunt and spend most of my time old coin hunting.  I'm more likely to spend more time on your site if there is a good coin detecting forum running. 

Just an Idea but I was thinking maybe some kind of New Eqipment News bulletin where new metal detectors and related accessories can be announced.

Bryan

• Like 1

However you decide to structure this, I'm in.  The best things about this forum are the no nonsense postings, the discouragement of arguments, whether motivated by politics or personal feuds, and the factual/scientific/engineering nature of the information.  There are plenty of sites on the internet where people can argue and opine with little or no basis of evidence/fact.  I don't care to waste my time there.  Frankly, some of the related magazines and newsletters (online and in hardcopy) spend too much time on these incendiary topics, which, IMO, simply galvanize the supporters for at best no improvement in environment while at the same time driving away the potential new blood.  Steve, you do a great service for zero compensation.  Please keep it up.

Metal detectors and detectorists have many things in common, but typically have their favorite/preferred strengths/areas of interest.  Anything that can be done to support that diversity while at the same time cementing the common interests has to be a plus.

• Like 2

I like the check one place for all posts philosophy too, but I would use the minerals and geology forum if you make it. I hope there is enough interest to get it going strong!

• Like 1