White's Xventure Kids Detector Being Sold On Ebay

MDCHIEFSH

It doesn't surprise me that dealers such as myself are in the dark on this machine.  It's business as usual for us Whites dealers.  The last time was when a guy called me and wanted a TRX.  I didn't know what he was talking about until I saw K-Co already had them.  On the other hand First Texas contacts me when they change toilet paper brands. This I like!

It would appear that the coil, rod and arm cuff is exactly the same as some of Whites current Made in America machines.  Namely the TreasureMaster, TreasurePro and Coinmaster.  This makes me wonder if these components are made in China as well?  Then all they have to do in the factory is slap the control head on it.  

• Like 1

I have been wishing this to change for a couple decades now. But i dont know of any component makers for electronics in america any more. Worked in electronics market for many decades . So i would assume that everyone in any electronics area is "assembling in america" rather than "made in america". 

In the 80's made in america was a big thing but everything left first to mexico with nafta and then next to Singapore, Taiwan and finally china.

There are some military places in alabama i know of for a higher price that have limited suppliers. There are higher end power electronics chips and processors still made as well in the US. But for general consumer components those are all made abroad and shipped into the US for folks to use at pcb houses that source to all US "mfg'rs"--actually "assemblers". The tooling for the plastics in consumer electronics is almost completely made in asia then shipped back for molders to use for all the plastics everyone uses today. 

The "assembly" i have been told by numerous folks is the next to go. Fischer, XP, Garrett and others have either shown folks or done videos of machines/robots doing most of the key tasks in their "manufacturing". The key areas by law in a metal detector to still have a chance to be interpreted as made in america are those pieces that make the system a metal detector. These would include the coil and electronics. The casing and mechanical parts are not key. So when 70% of the components are made outside of the US  for everyone. Then no one can say they are made in america. Instead everyone is actually assembled in america.

The metal detector "mfgr's" are mainly  snap fitting things together and doing limited testing with the workers in the US. At the point of machines/robots taking over the bulk of the job with foreign components being the contents within. It would be hard for me to understand the "made in america" label holds the same water except for maintenance support of the robots and user test.

The original pride in made in america i remember of the 1980's and prior was because we were supporting american jobs. Made by hand with the sweat and effort of american workers. We shall see over the next 4 years if more onshoring happens to reverse some of this trend. But even then i expect more machines/robots to take over and still have it be "assembled in america" given the majority of components will still be made from overseas. As long as the majority of some key components are made overseas then metal detectors will at best be " assembled in america".

hoping for change....

• 2 months later...

Pretty cool for kids.

My first detector was a radioshack model. With nobody to mentor an 8 yr. old it didn't take a set of batteries and I gave up. I could have done well without help if I had one of these back then.

FF to today and my 5 year old (almost 6) could probably run this machine very well. He does pretty good with the beep and dig Deus at the moment because it can be collapsed to his size and is as light as a toy. I'll likely just give it to him as I can't sell it without taking  big loss. He only digs (screwdriver) by the numbers for surface finds now, and I've warned him, you can't do that forever!