New Camping Gear

The orange container is there for hand washing in lieu of TP. Much of the world - Billions of people - do not use paper. Instead they use water. That's why the orange jug is near the toilet. Its not in case you get thirsty while taking a dump, its not for watering the plants, its for washing the brown stuff off your left hand (the left hand is always used, and you shake hands and eat with the right hand.)

Not using TP is a strange concept to us folks living in developed countries.....

2 hours ago, Reno Chris said:

The orange container is there for hand washing in lieu of TP. Much of the world - Billions of people - do not use paper. Instead they use water. That's why the orange jug is near the toilet. Its not in case you get thirsty while taking a dump, its not for watering the plants, its for washing the brown stuff off your left hand (the left hand is always used, and you shake hands and eat with the right hand.)

Not using TP is a strange concept to us folks living in developed countries.....

Chris, I have never been accused of being a genius, but your explanation of this process doesn't make sense to me. Common sense tells me that simply pouring water over the unclean hand will not remove the residue. that would seem to leave only two other options. 1. pour the water, then rub with the other hand. 2. Swish the left hand around in the water until clean. Both seem unsanitary, but then the whole concept of using the hand is unsanitary too.

Steve, if my posts in this thread are dragging the thread too far off subject, please just delete them.