A Cheaper Solution To Wireless Head Phones " That Works! "

This setup works great and there's no headphone wires at all! Sound quality is good, head phones are light and comfy, i had to bend them to fit my small head, I usually got to find a happy medium with the volume on the headset and volume on the gold screamer.  Be sure if you get make sure it's the low latency headphones cause there is two different on the link I posted. The right wire took me awhile to find, before I had to two peace it and I don't like having to many connections. I also got a secondary transmitter so I can use regular headphones or just as a back up. 

Avantree Wireless Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones with Mic, LOW LATENCY Fast Audio aptX Headset

Avantree Pre-paired aptX LOW LATENCY Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver

Ugreen Gold Plated 3.5mm 1/8" Male to 6.35mm 1/4" Male TRS Stereo Audio Cable

Bluetooth works with MP3 or Radio but not with metal detector... Why? Signal delay... is huge. So you can't work with it. Maybe some radio transmission units but no bluetooth.

57 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Bluetooth works with MP3 or Radio but not with metal detector... Why? Signal delay... is huge. So you can't work with it. Maybe some radio transmission units but no bluetooth.

Do you honestly think gamers would use them if the latency was bad, simple answer is NO. If they are good enough for gaming where low latency is a must they are good enough for detecting.

• Like 1

No. Not good enough. I was check some systems from market. Delay is too big. If you pinpointing you have moved target. In trash place you don't want to try it.

Interesting subject on latency, what is the latency of say copper wire vs latency of diff. wireless (Bluetooth etc)? Just thinking with coil copper wires to control box then copper wires from control box to headphones. What do XP use on the Deus that does away with that copper?

I have used Bluetooth with metal detectors and was fine with it. Obviously it works. The delay is just something that really puts some people off. Others, like me I guess, adjust to the delay, which is measured in milliseconds.

When you say it is "not good enough" Shelton you leave out the "for me". The world is not black and white and it depends on the exact application and person as to what audio solution might be acceptable.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to A Cheaper Solution To Wireless Head Phones " That Works! "

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/make_metal_detector_wireless.shtml

Here's a decent article, written some time ago (I think last updated in 2014) which talks about the state-of-the-art at that time and a homebuilt solution similar to Goldgetter's above.  Since then we have more universal, commercial solutions such as Deteknix and now Garrett products.  Last year I considered going the Sennheiser route but decided Deteknix was just as cheap and I wouldn't be "rolling my own".  Now I'm going to get the Garrett and use my own (comfortable!) headphones.

"I'm going to wait for the Z-Lynk set to come into stock, early 2017 I believe?

The PRO-SONIC set is rumored to be two to three times the cost of the Z-Lynk"

I have used the Avantree Pro Bluetooth transmitter and receiver set for some time. They work great.  The delay is 32 milliseconds (.032 sec). If you are swinging the coil at three feet per second you will hear the target (36” x .032) = 1.152 inches after you cross over it. When moving the coil slowing while pinpointing the delay is insignificant. 
     If you purchase these be sure you are ordering the Low Latency Pro model. They have a cheaper set that has an unacceptable delay time.
Have a good day,
Chet

• Like 3