Video - GPZ 7000 Settings & Z19 First Look

I admire the folks who put out videos for the rest of us to learn from and this post is strictly a comment and by no means meant to be a complaint. I see so much testing and comparison over a known target. A grand example Is the Minelab crew wiggling a nugget on the end of a stick and then claiming 40% deeper*. But in the real world the trick is to find the target to begin with.

With the 7000, or any detector, you can fiddle with the settings and make it respond very well over a known target but those same settings may make the detector  so noisy when covering ground that you will miss target  or you waste a lot of time digging ghost targets so I would like to see (hear) how different settings perform during the search. A good comparison would be Steve's "insanely hot settings" vs. Klunker's "lazy mans cold settings"

I was a little surprised that the 19" didn't give a better response to the small nugget.

• Like 2

I was actually quite surprised the 19" was seeing it as well as it was, considering it was a small ball of lead. Remember big coils go deeper on big gold, but won't see small targets as well as smaller coils. 

Yes very true about some settings not being useful when searching around, but if you watch it again you can hear when the settings are not going to work in that spot, as the coil reacts to the ground as you pass the target.  

• Like 3

I had wondered if Phasetech would be posting that vid here after seeing it the other day.  Definitely worth a watch thank you for the production :)

• Like 1