Steve Herschbach

New Forums Go Live

2 posts in this topic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Rick Kempf
       I usually visit this site by using that
      'untead comtent" button in the upper right-hand corner – it's not very large – I guess that's why I only noticed it about six months ago 
      The only problem is when I click on the title  of the post from the list it takes me to the beginning of the thread - not to the latest message. I thought of sending a p.m. to Steve about it. This morning I noticed in the lower left-hand corner of each of the posts that are listed - there's a little  button with the face of the clock and "X hours ago" – if you push that button it takes you to the latest post - duh. I hate it when I'm dim.
    • By Northeast
      Hi Steve, 
      I was going to inbox you this question but I thought others might be interested in the answer too. 
      When we post pics on here are they automatically stripped of the gps info?  I think I have read on another forum that they are but have tried to search the answer for here and nothing is coming up. 
      Thanks, Northeast. 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      New Member Signup - Click Here!      Lost Password - Click Here!
      Forum Tips & Tricks
      Welcome to the Rocks, Minerals, Gems & Geology forum! Anything remotely related to those subjects may be posted here. Forums for other subjects may be found here. The main goal here - to inform and educate. Please keep threads and posts on topic. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted without warning.
      This forum is unaffiliated with any dealers or manufacturers. If you see something interesting on another forum or anywhere else, please link to it. Mention any brands you like. The only goal here is to inform and anything interesting or informative is not only allowed but desired as long as it is on topic.
      While visiting this forum please act as if you are visiting my home. Treat others with decency and respect. Politics is not strictly prohibited but limit it to items of concern such as public meeting notices, comment periods, etc. No detector wars - every detector serves a purpose for somebody. For general editorial purposes this forum is treated as if it is a magazine.

A note about the Google Ads - I know we all hate ads but they pay for the website. All I can do is to promise not to go overboard with them. Special Note To Dealers - Dealers are welcome here, with minimal guidelines. Please read My Policy Regarding Dealers
      The Metal Detecting & Prospecting Forums are the only active forums. This is by design. If you are new to the forum, or been around but are looking for an old thread, look in the Forum Archive. Threads that have no activity for some time are closed and then moved to the appropriate forum in the Archive. This makes finding all old threads on a given subject relatively easy. However, you may not start new threads or post on old ones in the Archive. If you read an old thread and still have questions about it, simply start a new thread on one of the active forums.
      There are different color theme options available via a "Theme" link at the bottom of every page. Give it a try! However, some functions may be missing on alternate themes so if you run into issues just switch back to the Normal (Default) theme. If you have problems logging in or any other issues while on the forum Personal Message (PM) me or send me an email.
      Steve Herschbach
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Forum Tips & Tricks
      Welcome to the Gold Panning, Sluicing, Dredging, Drywashing, Etc forum! Anything remotely related to finding gold via mechanical mining methods may be posted here. Forums for other subjects may be found here. The main goal here - to inform and educate. Please keep threads and posts on topic. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted without warning.
      This forum is unaffiliated with any dealers or manufacturers. If you see something interesting on another forum or anywhere else, please link to it. Mention any brands you like. The only goal here is to inform and anything interesting or informative is not only allowed but desired as long as it is on topic.
      While visiting this forum please act as if you are visiting my home. Treat others with decency and respect. Politics is not strictly prohibited but limit it to items of concern such as public meeting notices, comment periods, etc. No detector wars - every detector serves a purpose for somebody. For general editorial purposes this forum is treated as if it is a magazine.

A note about the Google Ads - I know we all hate ads but they pay for the website. All I can do is to promise not to go overboard with them. Special Note To Dealers - Dealers are welcome here, with minimal guidelines. Please read My Policy Regarding Dealers
      The Metal Detecting & Prospecting Forums are the only active forums. This is by design. If you are new to the forum, or been around but are looking for an old thread, look in the Forum Archive. Threads that have no activity for some time are closed and then moved to the appropriate forum in the Archive. This makes finding all old threads on a given subject relatively easy. However, you may not start new threads or post on old ones in the Archive. If you read an old thread and still have questions about it, simply start a new thread on one of the active forums.
      There are different color theme options available via a "Theme" link at the bottom of every page. Give it a try! However, some functions may be missing on alternate themes so if you run into issues just switch back to the Normal (Default) theme. If you have problems logging in or any other issues while on the forum Personal Message (PM) me or send me an email.
      Steve Herschbach
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Forum Tips & Tricks
      Welcome to the Metal Detecting For Meteorites forum! Anything remotely related to metal detecting for meteorites may be posted here. Forums for other subjects may be found here. The main goal here - to inform and educate. Please keep threads and posts on topic. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted without warning.
      This forum is unaffiliated with any dealers or manufacturers. If you see something interesting on another forum or anywhere else, please link to it. Mention any brands you like. The only goal here is to inform and anything interesting or informative is not only allowed but desired as long as it is on topic.
      While visiting this forum please act as if you are visiting my home. Treat others with decency and respect. Politics is not strictly prohibited but limit it to items of concern such as public meeting notices, comment periods, etc. No detector wars - every detector serves a purpose for somebody. For general editorial purposes this forum is treated as if it is a magazine.

A note about the Google Ads - I know we all hate ads but they pay for the website. All I can do is to promise not to go overboard with them. Special Note To Dealers - Dealers are welcome here, with minimal guidelines. Please read My Policy Regarding Dealers
      The Metal Detecting & Prospecting Forums are the only active forums. This is by design. If you are new to the forum, or been around but are looking for an old thread, look in the Forum Archive. Threads that have no activity for some time are closed and then moved to the appropriate forum in the Archive. This makes finding all old threads on a given subject relatively easy. However, you may not start new threads or post on old ones in the Archive. If you read an old thread and still have questions about it, simply start a new thread on one of the active forums.
      There are different color theme options available via a "Theme" link at the bottom of every page. Give it a try! However, some functions may be missing on alternate themes so if you run into issues just switch back to the Normal (Default) theme. If you have problems logging in or any other issues while on the forum Personal Message (PM) me or send me an email.
      Steve Herschbach
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Forum Tips & Tricks
      Welcome to the Metal Detecting For Jewelry forum! Anything remotely related to metal detecting for jewelry may be posted here. Forums for other subjects may be found here. The main goal here - to inform and educate. Please keep threads and posts on topic. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted without warning.

Steve Herschbach