Christmas Present For JP

Ok, that's it.  I thought it was too hot to be hunting at Christmas down there.  Your season is over, right?

Thanks for showing us chunky gold.

Fred is booking his flight now.

Merry Christmas.

Mitchel

MN, We are having, well so far, a very dry relatively cool summer, thus extended our season, I suspect it is the same down JPs way ( about 600ks south on this big patch called OZ). Although lets face it once the Goddess of Gold has got you in her grip, she rules, a  hot, cold, wet, dry or whatever Mumma Nature throws at us kinda day, doesn`t matter. As long as we can get the coil near the ground.

• Like 2

The weather has been all over the place this season, this time of year its just warm all the time with periods of extremely hot or somewhere in between. We've had some rain but not enough to let the grass get away too much but one cyclone slipping on down past Norvic and then it'll be grass tussock hopscotch!! 

Norvic your more than welcome to take back this ruddy humidity though, I prefer the desert dry weather than this sweaty armpit-molding stuff!! Nice nugget BTW, if your going to hijack someones thread at least do it in style, well done to your son. 

JP

• Like 2

Yeah JW was very solid, standing upright jammed between two rocks down about 18" or so. 

JP we`ve had dry no humidity at all, until today which was a stinker so hopefully the wet is coming. Sort of got a bit excited for the son (re hijack) what a way to blood his 19. He`s over the moon of course. Thank you for understanding.

• Like 1

Gave the nugget a bit of a scrub, looks like it was originally a crystalline piece with clear herring bone structures on one side. I've found a few pieces at this location that have shown signs of being crystalline, this one would have been beautiful in its original state.

I've also included a picture of the terrain where I was working, the solid skid plate I was testing for Nugget Finder made it possible to detect here. The GPZ 19 coil needs to move in a clean smooth arc to generate a signal off deep faint targets, jerky discontinuous movements are really bad for this type of detecting, a smooth one piece skid plate helps no end in acquiring that freedom of movement. 

JP

IMG_20161226_085235.jpg

IMG_20161224_084513.jpg

• Like 9

JP said:

I've found a few pieces at this location that have shown signs of being crystalline, this one would have been beautiful in its original state.

Yes, it is surely an ugly piece. :blink:  It is very suitable for my collection.  Should I give you my address now or by PM?

Mitchel

20 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I've also included a picture of the terrain where I was working, the solid skid plate I was testing for Nugget Finder made it possible to detect here.

I'm interested in the NF skid plate....are they ready to ship to the USA?:biggrin:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's,

Bill

• Like 1