Well the bucket of material I hauled back last time was a real disappointment.

I will hit the beach this weekend anyway weather permitting to see what I can find...

I know...... I will never make any money doing this but it gets me off the couch and is interesting to me none the less, and it is the closest gold I have available, so what the heck. 

I can think of much worse ways to spend an afternoon.

IMG_0196.JPG

OK... Yesterdays little adventure ....

We set the sluice up in a freshet that was running out from under the cobbles that are awash during high tide.... 

There was good black sand visible in the freshet so we figured why not let ma nature do some work for us...LOL

Here is a very quick shake out pan to see what might be.....

I will finish the cleanup sometime today and post those pics later.

20170210_142912.jpg

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

Well here it is... The moment I know you have all been waiting for..... Cleanup and weigh in of Fridays take.
I got the magnetics out of it but there is still a little junk in it, I figure about a grains worth of non-gold.... So we will call it approx. 5 grains +/- a little.

Not bad for letting ma nature do most of the work....:biggrin:

fullsizeoutput_12d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_12a.jpeg

• Like 2

We got nearly 7" of rain last night here on the Oregon coast..........

So guess what? I will be heading back to my little beach tomorrow and setting up in that freshet again, it should be running strong and the weather tomorrow is supposed to be halfway decent to boot.

I will actually try to get some good pics and maybe even some video.

So we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Thank's Steve.

It will never replace my day job but at least it gets me out and moving about and I usually at least make gas money...:biggrin:

After last Friday today was a bit of a let down with only 1 grain....:angry:

The sand looked good but the freshet just wasn't up to it and ground sluicing is not the most efficient method to work.. But it's what we got in oregon since we can't run any power on the beach.... Not even an electric bilge pump recirculator unless we are above the grass line aka mean high tide line.and that just isn't practical o this beach.

I would have been better off to have hauled the sand in my gorilla cart and setup the sluice in the creek 100 yards away.

IMG_0254.JPG

fullsizeoutput_13d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_13e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_136.jpeg

• Like 1

I have thought about that and I contacted the head of the southern Oregon coast region ... He seemed to think it was OK since it is hand powered.

Problem is I need about 1100 GPH minimum to run the material through the sluice efficiently. 

I guess I could have a reservoir but that seems a little impractical due to the size and mounting required to make it work. 

Went to look at a couple more sites for potential. Historically they have produced but there was little evidence this trip.

The black sands weren't readily apparent and running water was less than perfect.

The first three pics are from Whiskey Run. http://www.minecache.com/showdetails/10298354

http://tobi_wan_2.tripod.com/history/miningwhiskeyrun1.html

The last three pics are form Seven Devils beach witch is just north of Whiskey Run about 1 3/4 mile.

The pics are just to the north of Seven Devils creek.

A stratified sandstone out cropping, a weep with a blue clay layer, and a small freshet with fair showing of black sand.

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

• Like 1