Metal Detector Advice

Idahogold, have you ever detected in the U.K.? We are talking thousands of years of ferrous targets in the ground. The original poster did say iron discrimination is important for good reason. A GPX no doubt has the depth, but it is seriously lacking in the ability to discriminate ferrous targets.

• Like 2

Steve, the only way to get depth and Get in "Shape":biggrin: just go dig instead of the gym! whats gona hurt..besides your arms.:ph34r:lol

P/S. ...got the packframed gpx4500 w/ 10ft extentable carbon fiber boom..almost done . Miner mike made me a 6ft quik track button and a 20inch power cable

Steve ..thanx for the deal on those cables...by the way! off the top ? the 4 pin is for DD and the 5 pin Mono? late nyt...  ig

18 hours ago, idahogold said:

Seriously id go for Minelab gpx .45  00 thats what I carry fully loaded everyday with a nugget finder advantage14" round . You'll clean up! And you can thank me later! Cheers, IG from -15c Idaho USA

Hi Idahogold, thanks for the info. silly question but do you know where i might be able to get a GPX 4500 and how much are they? would a £1000 get one lol.

Paul- only one place to get it....Robsdetector sales...he's on a new post over at gpx5000 not working....best deal if you dont want to be tied to the battery cable.....Check this forums classifieds Right Now!......theres a detector 4500w/docs goldscreamer 500buck kit...looks unused,,,,and its from Rob's...even better.......seriously ....youlll figure out what silver sounds like....Your the discrimination........go watch my Mate's videos on youtube Thenuggetmagnet.......go from oldest to newest  and you can eventually figure out the "Pull"   and what he considers His Favorite Sound..:wub:.Cheers, jd

And "Its got Iron Discrimination! Most Gold guys have it Off ....but your just the "Man to Master it and:Teach this forum Wuzzzzzzzzzzup....and report back. :wink: Cheers, jd

• Like 1

:rolleyes:Paul -I'm out ! i'm a Newbie and Steve Knows it!!!  LoL...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, idahogold said:

Paul- only one place to get it....Robsdetector sales...he's on a new post over at gpx5000 not working....best deal if you dont want to be tied to the battery cable.....Check this forums classifieds Right Now!......theres a detector 4500w/docs goldscreamer 500buck kit...looks unused,,,,and its from Rob's...even better.......seriously ....youlll figure out what silver sounds like....Your the discrimination........go watch my Mate's videos on youtube Thenuggetmagnet.......go from oldest to newest  and you can eventually figure out the "Pull"   and what he considers His Favorite Sound..:wub:.Cheers, jd

just checked out the GPX 4500 its a no go he won't ship outside the US because of the lithium ion battery. shame it looked a decent package. thanks for the pointer anyway?

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

GPX 4500 is £2500.00 new from an authorized UK dealer

http://www.joanallen.co.uk/minelab-gpx-4500-gold-metal-detector-p/10373.htm

Only looking at prices last night and this is the cheapest I found

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Metal-detector-Minelab-GPX-4500-per-ricerca-oro-accessori-PROFESSIONALE-/191859266106?hash=item2cabb4123a:g:-z4AAOSw5b1XI6F0