Infinium 8" Coil Cover?

Rod K

I have looked on KellyCo, Metal Detectors .co, e-bay, and a few other spots and can not find a listing anywhere for a cover for an 8" rd. mono coil for a Garrett Infinium. They have them for the 10"x14" DD but not the 8". Surely someone must make one?Do any of you know of a place that has them? Or do you know of some alternative to a cover that works? Any help appreciated.   Thanks

Rod 

I've looked around but even the ones that still sell the LS don't look like they have anything else. I went to Garrett but they don't show like the LS ever was. You'd think they would sell coils and covers for us people that still have the LS.

One thing they don't run short of and that's the shaft.

Chuck

I don't think they ever made one for the Infinium, though there is an 8" mono cover available for the ATX. I do not know if it will fit the Infinium 8" mono for sure but you would think they would have used the same mold for the coils. I see people have used a frisbee with good results http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=198088

Thanks for the replies R.R. and Steve. I sent Garrett an e-mail yesterday asking if the one for the ATX will fit. Will see what they say if i get a reply. I have heard of people using spray on truck bed liner. Anyone have any comments on that?

Thanks for the info, i will check into it.

"I'd go for the frisbee suggestion as tabled by Steve! I've used one in the past on something or other but can't remember what...it did the job.

Looking at the photos of the coil in question I'd hazard a bet the old Sov 8" BBS would fit the outer circle but the innards wouldn't!?

Frisbee - the way to go!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for your input Des. I am weighing the options.