New Year, New Finds...

Had to get out with the GB for a few hours this morning - had what I would normally have passed over as a hot rock signal, however I was in a place where hot rocks were few and far between... I believe it was all the iron in the pocket setting the GB off. This one should look nice after an acid bath. 

DSC_0501.JPG

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Paulito said:

Quartz crystal chunk? Should look really sweet if most, even some, of those are crystals protruding off! 

Yes, the picture doesn't really do it justice at the moment. Protruding quartz crystals are about finger sized and there is a whole mess of smaller ones in the voids along with some unidentified crystallization. I have to get rid of a lot of iron and manganese to bring everything to light. 

• Like 2

Nice! Post some pics when you get it cleaned up?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great find AU_Solitude, hope it cleans up really nicely for you, and it should. Congratulations, and maybe you could post more pics when it is cleaned. Thankyou for sharing your story with us. :cool:

Jim.

Nice formation there :)  I hope it cleans up well for ya and do hope you'll post a pic of then as well.  What type of acid do you intend to use?  Personally I'd try something mild like CLR first.