Minelab PRO-SONIC & SDC 2300 BZ Booster?

Rege-PA

I would try to see your volume on the Pro-Sonic before buying the booster.  I've seen some here who say they use the booster with a 7000 but I don't know why.  But ... I use headphones that have a volume control and noise cancel separate from my detecting electronics.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I am using some Able Planet headphones that I originally bought for traveling on a plane.  I tried them on a couple of my detectors with an adapter and it gave me the volume I needed and they don't hurt my ears.  They don't make the model I use any more and they can slip from time to time but I'm hooked.  That being said they still don't seem to be as loud as I would like when using them with the 2300.  They are very good on my GPX, 3030 and 7000.

Mitchel

Hi Rege-PA.  

I'm not sure about the booster on the pro-sonic - I would also suggest to wait and get it and see what the volume is like first.  

But on the earphones side of things I can only suggest what I use on the GPZ which works well. Philips ear phones that have an ear hook, they are very comfortable, do not move/slip/fall out at all and have an open audio design that lets in ambient sound - for when the Pumas are creeping up behind you :unsure:.  They also come with 3 different types of ear fittings to suit your preference. One thing they don't have is a volume control on them but if you have the pro sonic volume control then that may suffice.  

They work perfectly on the GPZ with the WM12. Link here  http://www.philips.com.au/c-p/SHQ1400LF_00/actionfit-sports-headphones

Hope that helps. 

Northeast. 

• Like 1

Hi Northeast,

Those look very interesting, could wear a hat and definitely cheap enough.

Your right about the Pumas:unsure: but I would also hear my mate:ph34r: sneaking up on me to relieve me of the big nugget I just found LOL.

I`ll definitely give them a try.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Minelab PRO-SONIC & SDC 2300 BZ Booster?

Yep Rege-PA,

The fact that they are cooler than head phones and that I could wear a broad brimmed hat were the 2 main reasons I got them. The open audio thing was a bonus I didn't realise I was getting until I tried them. 

Good luck out there.

• Like 1