Your Very Own Jewelry Store

Your very own jewelry store.

TIVGOLDRINGc.jpg

What is cool about this gold ring is not that I found it with a lowly entry level metal detector.   What is really cool about THIS gold ring is that I found it where I expected to find it.    It is my second gold ring find from this exact location and is my third ring find from the general area.   

My first ring find at this site was found with a Tesoro Golden uMax while I was proving and validating a ‘loss characteristic’.   I had found a ring at a park and had identified it with a particular ‘loss characteristic’ or in other words, “the reason I found it where I found it”.   I had subsequently verified this particular ‘loss characteristic’ by looking for and hunting another location that mimicked the first site.   The second site produced a nice ladies silver ring.   So with this knowledge twice validated under my belt I put my Aerial Map CD in my computer and started making a list of other locations that looked like they could provide the opportunities for this particular ‘loss characteristic’.  

One of those sites I had identified from my aerial map investigation was this particular site.   My first ring find with the Golden uMax at this site thrice validated this particular “reason I found what I found where I found it” , i.e. a loss characteristic, and not just a lost characteristic, but a VALIDATED loss characteristic.  

At another site I had identified from my map review for this particular ‘loss characteristic’ produced this nice gold ring.   Unfortunately I didn’t have the presence of mind to look for the stone I knocked out with my screwdriver when recovering it. 

another ring.jpg

The take away:  A "validated loss characteristic" is like owning your very own jewelry store.  

HH
Mike

• Like 5