B And Z Booster Troubleshooting

normmcq

Is there a trouble shooting guide on line for the B and Z booster? When I left home, it was working  now I can't make it work. New batteries didn't help.  only time sound comes out is in bypass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Norm

The B&Z booster is an audio signal booster that can be used with nearly any metal detectors. The amplifier produces a a clean signal response regardless of target size, without producing extra noise. It comes with its own battery but has the option to switch to bypass mode.  It is a very popular booster to use with the Minelab SD, GP, GPX or GPZ series as well as the SDC 2300. As noted however it simply boosts the audio signal and so can be used with any detector that needs some sort of audio boost.

They are listed on JP's website at http://aurumaustralis.com/b-z-booster/ and stocked by many U.S. dealers. You can contact him via PM on this forum or through his website but my guess is he is out prospecting right now. Otherwise we would have heard from him on this already. 

b-z-booster.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I am going to have to chalk this up to one of lifes mysteries. I went out this morning and put every thing together and turned everything on and it worked, adjusted the volume. so far everything good, turned to bypass and back to boost and it stopped working again. Shut down and restarted detector and booster and now working again. I went from boost to bypass several times and adjusted the volume several times, everything is working just fine? Maybe a bad connection with the cables? I just don't know, but will not fret over it.

Fred I am hiding at my favorite spot on T.W. road

Norm

• Like 1

19 hours ago, normmcq said:

Is there a trouble shooting guide on line for the B and Z booster? When I left home, it was working  now I can't make it work. New batteries didn't help.  only time sound comes out is in bypass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Norm

Hi normmcq, if you have audio/threshold sound in Bypass mode then the connection to the detector is good, no audio in Boost mode suggests a problem with the power supply or you could have the curly cable plugged into the output socket and the speakers plugged into the input socket. Make sure the batteries are around the right way and that they are seated in the battery compartment properly.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for feedback.

JP

Post note: There could be an intermittent fault with the curly cord power lead (its actually an audio supply lead but you get my drift).

Steve the B&Z's are pretty robust even with reverse polarity, I've managed to get the batteries too hot to touch with direct shorts on some units whilst trouble shooting and they still work afterwards.

• Like 2

Hi JP  was out for a few hours today. The booster worked perfectly. I use it pluged in to the WM12. Maybe the battery on the WM12 was low. That was the only real difference, a fresh charge on it last night.

Thanks again for your help Norm McQ

• Like 1