B And Z Booster Troubleshooting

normmcq

2 minutes ago, normmcq said:

Hi JP  was out for a few hours today. The booster worked perfectly. I use it pluged in to the WM12. Maybe the battery on the WM12 was low. That was the only real difference, a fresh charge on it last night.

Thanks again for your help Norm McQ

My pleasure Norm.

JP

On 1/5/2017 at 10:49 AM, Nevada Brian said:

What exactly does the B and Z booster do?

Brian, the B&Z booster is needed to boost or amplify the detectors audio to drive external speakers. The B&Z does this very cleanly with minimal distortion. The B&Z is especially good with the audio of the GPZ 7000 as it can plug into the WM 12 giving full control over the volume levels of the GPZ whilst maintaining the convenience of being totally wireless.

The biggest issue I find with the GPZ using the WM12 speaker is the loss of clarity of audio due to needing to increase the internal volume of the GPZ to get decent volume out of the WM 12 speaker. The quality of the audio coming out of the WM 12 audio jack is very good, but the interaction between the detectors volume controls and the WM 12 speaker is rudimentary at best.

The B&Z system allows conservative settings to be used on the GPZ and then allowing you to amplify that conservative audio through speakers with minimal distortion dependent on localised conditions (wind noise etc).

Hope this helps
JP

• Like 2

Yes I second the advice to turn off your batteries...

I let mine run down when I was at JPs and runnning all over Clermont--all the sudden one day my world came crashing down as I couldnt keep the audio correct clean enough to swing--

So after 4 trips back to town, driving JP crazier than I already had managed to do:laugh:, ---changing coils, changing curly cords, changing monitors, changing every dang thing--I gave up and called it a day---

The next day JP had a day off and we went out together--after my machine warmed up and we were both swinging it started acting up again---so I waved JP over and told him to listen and hear that it was doing the same thing....

Well,  after listening to the speakers for about.... oh I'd say a long millisecond , he said, "The booster batts are dead mate!!!

Have you been turning it off at night when you come in????"

I said, huh???? :huh:

He said some stuff i really can't remember:angry:--- because it was that Queensland brogue that I haven't learned to understand yet.....

So, i think he was saying something very kind an loving towards me to please remember to keep the booster turned off ----before i make him waste another day changing out every single thing one can change on a 7000..

I cant wait to go back and see him....:biggrin: I know he misses me.....lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Brian, the B&Z booster is needed to boost or amplify the detectors audio to drive external speakers. The B&Z does this very cleanly with minimal distortion. The B&Z is especially good with the audio of the GPZ 7000 as it can plug into the WM 12 giving full control over the volume levels of the GPZ whilst maintaining the convenience of being totally wireless.

The biggest issue I find with the GPZ using the WM12 speaker is the loss of clarity of audio due to needing to increase the internal volume of the GPZ to get decent volume out of the WM 12 speaker. The quality of the audio coming out of the WM 12 audio jack is very good, but the interaction between the detectors volume controls and the WM 12 speaker is rudimentary at best.

The B&Z system allows conservative settings to be used on the GPZ and then allowing you to amplify that conservative audio through speakers with minimal distortion dependent on localised conditions (wind noise etc).

Hope this helps
JP

Thank you JP.  Sounds like something I may need. 

Brian.

Paul

I turn my batteries off every time and also put it into bypass every time and that was the way it was stored for my trip South.   Just something unexplainable had happened.

Norm