I know what you mean Strick... I buy and sell a lot of used Detectors just to play around with them and test them out.  The one detector I couldn't part with is the CTX..  I am buying an ETrac as my backup  just in case my CTX goes down.  I don't want to be caught without an FBS detector and the Etrac will make up for the one downfall of the CTX, and that's coil selection.  I have already bought several coils for my future Etrac. 

As far as settings I use combined mode and right at the end of the season I started changing from Ferrous Coin to more High Trash and Ground Coin but still use all three. My ground is pretty bad and I'm finding GC the deepest in my soil but  I think High Trash is what I should be running with my ground and sweep speed.  Ground Coin requires a slow sweep speed which I forget to do quite often.  I'm anxious to get back out because I just now feel like I'm getting to a new level of understanding of the CTX, so I will be making more changes to my programs this spring. I run it hot and noisy so my goal this year is to quiet it down and still try to retain its depth. It's going to take a combination of discrimination, Target Seperation mode, sweep speed and sensitivity.. Any tips you might have would be appreciated.

Bryan

• Like 1