Alaska Nuggets Found With ATX

ezdave

Looks to be the AKAU pay-to-mine at Nome, Alaska. Been very tempted to go there myself but have not bit the bullet. http://akaugold.com

Dave, you really should submit a couple paragraphs and a couple photos to Garrett's Find of the Month contest at http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_favoirite_find_2014_us.aspx You will at minimum get a patch and decal but also a pretty good chance at a free Garrett AT Gold; one given away every month. The AT Gold would be a perfect complement to your ATX. I think your story and photos would have a good shot at winning.

More ATX gold - here are the last three nuggets I found with my ATX, also in Alaska. Right now the ATX is the bang-for-buck solution for PI metal detecting.

post-1-0-27903400-1407434990_thumb.jpg

Yes I was at a pay to mine operation. AKAU Gold and resort. Check out there website and Facebook page for more details. They have panning, high banking and metal detecting packages by the day and the week. Last year found 1 nugget and this year 16.I believe the ATX also helped my success level, Its all about getting your coil over a nugget and digging a lot of trash per nugget, they do pushes on tailing piles and plenty of tundra and unpushed piles to look for gold! My friend found no nuggets last year but 7 this year so we were lucky and good! Since Ganes creek closed this was my next best option in my opinion as I got to go to Ganes the last year they were open.

Thanks for the Garrett find of the Month advice Steve! I will send my story and a couple pictures and see what happens. My friend Jeff was using the AT GOLD and found 7 nuggets so that would be a great addition to my detector collection the include  ATX and my trusty MXT PRO I actually bought from you at AMDS before my trip to Ganes the last year it was open, sorry to say I missed you by a couple weeks but the couple hours I got to meet and talk to you in Happy Camp, Ca. helped make all the difference in my success by using the 8 inch mono and digging all targets even if I thought they were junk. I actually found 1 nugget under a nail that did not register until I got the nail out of the hole!

ezdave

Dave,

Great job! Very nice finds.

What was the total weight of your 16 nuggets, if you don't mind saying.

Also, did you find them mostly in the "pushes" area or out on your own ?

One of these years I gotta get up to Nome area, just to check out all the gold districts.

Hi Chickenminer, The total weight was just shy of 3 ounces! Half were found on pushes and half were found in a small patch I found. I shared my patch with Jeff(treasuredude) and he also found 5 nuggets in the same patch. His photos are also on this forum under AT gold finds Gold. Hope to  get to Chicken in the next few years and look forward to meeting you and doing some prospecting.    Dave