Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiwijw

Late Afternoon Early Evening Detect

13 posts in this topic

Awesome JW, you're crushing it! Not even a broken pick can slow you down now; you've become one with the Zed. WTG!

1 person likes this

Can't imagine how many more you may have found if you hadn't broke your pick! Who was it that said " The harder you work, the luckier you get"

1 person likes this

Hi there Tom Slick & Lunk.  Thanks guys for the comments. Lunk...you should see the blisters I have on my fingers this morning & the skin off some knuckles. :huh: I knew I would pay the price. Cheers

JW :)

2 people like this

Nice work, I'm hoping to get out today or tomorrow been raining here for a while, ground will be noisy but I need a detectin fix ?Has been to long!

regards 

Squizz 

1 person likes this

Hi JW ( baby bro )  hehe yep i am stalking you. 

great story! 

I can not wait to hear of a clunker of a nugget that you should find with that zed.

1 person likes this

Great Job !!!! Thats the way to do it ... congrats...

Dave

1 person likes this

Love the pics and it looks like you are really cleaning up! I bet you will be finding a few more nuggets in that area before you are done. I'm jealous, well below freezing here and looking forward to those summer days again...

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Jen58 said:

Hi JW ( baby bro )  hehe yep i am stalking you. 

great story! 

I can not wait to hear of a clunker of a nugget that you should find with that zed.

Hi there Jen, Thank you & great to see you on here. This is a great site (just like another site I know.:smile:) Seeing this is your first post I will also be the first to give you your first "LIKE." & to welcome you aboard. Cheers Jen (big sis)

Thanks too ID desertman. I am sure that area hasnt seen the last of me yet. May even be today.....Stay warm....Cheers

Thanks DolanDave....

Squizz...Cheers mate. Looks & sounds like there is a lot of rain around. Both in Aussie & the States. That has its good & bad points. Bad...that you cant getarrow-10x10.png out, especially for a detect. But if it brings some pretty big floods then it should stir the gold up & deposit, re-deposit & replenish areas.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

1 person likes this

Well done JW, some fantastic bits of gold there. Have you ever tried panning the dirt you are digging out of the schist crevices to see if there's small gold in there with the nuggets?

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      I got out for 3 days to Gold Basin.  The first day was a skunk but then at the end of the second a little color.  I got up at daylight on Saturday and found a couple of meteorites before 8 AM.  Then on a long walkabout I found a mini-patch of 3 pieces.  Later on a 5 mile walk I found a 15g sunbaker meteorite.  It is nice to get even small results with the 7000/14.

Mitchel

• By kiwijw
      Hi Guys, Mrs JW headed up to the North Island for a few days to visit friends & family. So I took advantage of being home alone for the weekend & headed off up in to the hills for a detecting mission. Spending Saturday night in an old miners hut. I slipped up a bit & spent too much time on this forum before tearing myself away saturday morning. So I was off to a late start by the time I got in there & detecting.
      It was to an old haunt & I didnt start off too good. Heaps of signals....but none gold. I was getting sick & tired of digging shot gun pellets.  I finally got a signal that stayed in the ground after a few scrapes & then getting in to the rotten basement schist & signal still in there.
      A small bit of the good stuff......finally

Then not too far away another signal that stayed in the ground after more than a few scrapes & bit of digging. I was peeling out slabs of schist & the signal was still in there. I broke through the more solid slabs of schist & hit a rusty coloured rotten schist layer.

It was down a good 8 inches before the target was out.

I couldnt believe the size of gold for the depth of the hole. The gold must have been sitting flat.

Believe it or not those were the only two bits I got for the weekend. Sunday I got skunked.
      Got my share of rubbish of which any one of them could have been gold. Got to love those pellets....NOT. I got to a stage that if the signal gave that double hit & moved after a scrape, I moved on with out retrieving it.

So just the two for .36 of a gram

Cheers guys.
      Good luck out there
      JW

• By Jennifer
      Recently purchased a used Nugget Finder Evo from a forum member... wasn't planning on a trip to Gold Basin this weekend but woke up Sunday morning, jumped in the truck, was there having a nice breakfast by 11:00AM, said hi to some friends, jumped on the side of a ridge and BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM.... all within an hour, all within 150'... spent the next couple hours checking the area around it, nice tight little patch..
      Cleaned up, no dirt... 9.29 grams, over a quarter ounce troy, at today's price of $40.48 per gram = $376.05 US$ BOOOO YAAAAAAA fuel and coil paid for.. awesome day in Gold Basin...
      Jen

• By Chris Ben
      Went out with a buddy Saturday and tried a couple of new areas. Full of trash. Got tired of digging trash with no gold see we decided to move on to another area that had been extensively drywashed in hopes of picking up a few scraps. Still a bunch of trash but I picked up the specie on a bench on bedrock under about 10 in of silt. Nice solid signal on the GPZ 
      Same nugget, different angle. 3.3 grams

Also found a half gram solid piece. 
      Chris
    • By whitebutler
      Woke up grabbed the 7000 and left for the day. It's what I love to do on my birthday. I called an old friend to ask if I could swing a coil of his land. Of course you can he replied. I haven't ever been there with a detector so what the heck.
      After my half hour drive a stepped out grabbed my gear got suited up and headed out. I stepped about sixty feet from my pickup and was mired in a patch. Four hours I was up and down like mad. Every swing yielded a nugget. I got tired after 3.3 ounces. Had to head home for a pint. Here's some pics

VID_20170320_120017175.mp4
    • By madtuna
      Rain stopped about mid day so I shot out for a couple of hours in the arvo.
      Bang on 1/2 oz which brings the total for this spot to just over 5 oz so far.
      I can smell a big chunk hiding here somewhere.