Make A Metal Detector Using A 3D Printer

Few of the 3D printed detectors on the "net" unfortunately they don`t release the stl files they`ve made into the public domain.(KLs not getting the gold stl file no way):wink: If any of you fellows are into CAD etc be no drama for you to get into making stl files. stl being the file type of the Prusa or Prusa clones(Chinese) 3D printers. Public domain Repetier etc firmware & software They are cheap as chips the actual kits to make the printers, pretty impressive what you can do with these things, even the genuine Prusa, to you US folks where they are "made" are at affordable prices (most parts are Chinese, stepper motors, extruders etc)  I am probably preaching here to quiet ones that have been here for yonks............

Early days for tech that will change the way we do things, especially in the medical field.

KL I`ll get you the code for the 19 from ML but it`ll cost you 40% at least on top of my costs...................

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:416163

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I have been 3D printing for the last 4 or 5 yrs and have printer many parts for my "home built" PI's. Most of these designs are modifications from Carl's GeoTech Forum or other schematics floating around the Internet, some good most bad, One place anyone can download an STL file is here;

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=metal+detector&type=things&sort=relevant

another source is Github where some have uploaded PI detector designs and STL files to go with the design. My 3d unit

1335214948_QidiXMax.thumb.jpg.fb89b3f43d7b3770190e486a9300eff8.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, hecbom said:

I have been 3D printing for the last 4 or 5 yrs and have printer many parts for my "home built" PI's. Most of these designs are modifications from Carl's GeoTech Forum or other schematics floating around the Internet, some good most bad, One place anyone can download an STL file is here;

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=metal+detector&type=things&sort=relevant

another source is Github where some have uploaded PI detector designs and STL files to go with the design. My 3d unit

Can you print with the graphite infused nylon and abs? Might make for better coil shells.

Yes I have a roll of Nylon/Graphite filament but have not used it yet, however, I have printed Nylon and ABS parts. The hot end on this printer can go as high as 300C and the bed can go 100C. I have made some minor mods to bring the interior temp to 110 C so I can print PEEK.