• Announcements

• Steve Herschbach

Archives Closed - New Forums   10/16/2017

The old archive system has been closed and the threads moved to new forums. See the full forum listing here. Detailed explanation here.

River is way up from this morning . Raw  sewage is pumping out the manhole and is flowing right by my house and into the Feather River . Yet dredging is harmful .

20170108_144019.png

• Like 5

Damn that's crappy!

• Like 1

I'm probably too far away to do much good today filling bags, but let me know if I can help with clean up after roads open up.

This is a super rich creek I visit and do some picker picking. After this water drops back down five feet and isn't so dirty it's a spot to literally pick them up by the hand fulls. It got the perfect look for that. The other two I couldn't get to due to trees down with power lines. Wasn't going to chance those ones. 

IMG_20170108_160120800.jpg

IMG_20170108_160105357_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I wandered down to the Truckee River here in Reno for a look at 4:30PM...

truckee-river-flooding-reno-nv-jan-2017-down.jpg

truckee-river-flooding-reno-nv-jan-2017-up.jpg

truckee-river-flooding-reno-nv-jan-2017-bridge.jpg

Here is same bridge at low water for reference...

truckee-river-reno-nv.jpg

• Like 4

The NF Yuba River along Hwy 49 at 5 pm, long before its peak level. It cant raise much more and it will be flowing down the highway. I saw this as a video but just couldn't capture it off Facebook and insert it here- but the water is flowing like a freight train.

Yuba03_Downieville_2017.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Gold Districts of California by William B. Clark
      1970 California Division of Mines and Geology, Bulletin 193
      This is a relatively up-to-date and comprehensive guide to the gold deposits of California. Although a vast number of publications have been written on gold and gold mining in California, there was no single report or treatise on all of the known gold-bearing districts in the state. This bulletin addresses that issue. In this report the principal features of each gold-bearing district are described. The longer district descriptions contain sections on the location and extent, history, geology and character of the ore deposits, a list of mines, and a bibliography. Production figures are given whenever possible.
      Several formats https://archive.org/details/golddistrictsofc00clarrich

pdf download https://ia700301.us.archive.org/24/items/golddistrictsofc00clarrich/golddistrictsofc00clarrich.pdf

You can find this and many more useful free books on this website at the Metal Detecting & Prospecting Library

• By moxford
      I'm going to head up towards Auburn Rec Area tomorrow (Sunday) if anyone's interesting in a quick outing.  I'm doing some looking now as to where's best in the park so no further details available at this time.

Rock on!

-mox
    • By El Dorado
      Looking like fantastic potential
    • By Jim_Alaska
      This has been ten years in coming, but it is a solid win.
      http://bb.bbboy.net/thenew49ers-viewthread?forum=2&thread=1263
    • By nugget65
      anybody tell me a good metal detecting club in n. cali???
      I live in trinity county...
    • By goldbrick
      We knew it was going to rain like a cow peeing on a flat rock so what to do? My brother-in-law Bryan and myself are vacationing in Northern California. With a deluge forecast for yesterday, there would be no forays with a detector so we loaded up in the truck and headed to Old Sacramento. The railroad museum there is one of the largest in North America. Go early because you can spend a whole day in there easy. The massive amount of railroad iron there will delight any man with even a passing interest in the Iron Horse.
      We eventually got too hungry so we ducked around the corner to an old saloon from 1877. It has good sandwiches, great beer, and a hot Latina barmaid wearing fish net stockings! After sating your raging desire for comestibles, liquid refreshment, and eye candy go back around the corner to the state history museum. (editor - emphasis added) Upstairs they have a decent gold display. Some wonderful specimens of the yellow metal there. 
      What's not to like? Just saying if you are in the area you won't regret going..........