Targets We Can`t Hear

I have often wondered if the detector itself is more sensitive than the speakers that it has and even though the signal is there we don`t hear it.

Perhaps a speaker with some kind of a meter that would indicate we are passing over a target even though the speaker is silent :unsure:

I`m sure there are meters that could  indicate the presence of such signals, perhaps big gold at more depth?

Rege, in the old days of vlf/tr detectors the needle on the meter could give a person loads of information...but, I don't want to go back...

As for the gpz and gpx I think big targets are easy to miss.  I think this because the slight change of volume is not noticeable at the speed most of us work.  I think the Oz guys have an edge there because they know there is a good chance of a big nugget deep...if you are really working for the deep ones your methods are different from surface stuff...I should say my methods!

fred

• Like 3

Many years back at a local ML function hosted by local dealer. Spent a bit of time talking to a ML rep., he was a very positive enthusiast , he tackled this subject and commented that our hearing is not as "keen" as our sight. He said we are not getting anywhere near all the info the detector is sensing. I guess it is coming that one day we`ll receive those signals by sight, just how who knows. Chets print out of the oscilloscope screen in the Pro-Sonic thread illustrates this to some extent.

• Like 1

With my hearing, I would like to have target signal hooked up to a shock collar!

• Like 9

Although my hearing is good I have a pretty good case of Tinnitus, and the bugs are always buzzing in my head! I have learned to not listen to them along with the other voices that are trying to influence me LOL.

I think that what I am trying to discover is some way of knowing that a target is there without relying on my hearing. There has to be meters that would pick up these variances in the threshold much finer than my ears are able to hear the variation.

If these machines will pick up emi and lightning at a distance surely they are sensing more than our ears can discern. We just need to find a way to visualize these sounds.

• Like 2

Rege,

I love using the display on the CTX 3030, most of the time while the machine is discriminating and blanking the sound out on iron and trash, the display will show a coin or something good most of the time, if it is near the trash on the display.

But your right on machines that dont have them, a display, even light like Jin Shows, for the hearing impaired would be great !!!  I saw these new type of headphones here in Las Vegas CES show, that dont actually go in your ears, but rest on your face near your ears and use your skull for sound, would be interesting to see how well these work... even leaves your ears free to hear those darn rattlesnakes, or your surroundings.

AudioBones Headphones Link

Dave

• Like 2