New Garrett 14" Gold Pan & Panning Kits

This is not exactly new since it was announced last October, but I was wondering if anyone has seen or used these yet? The new Garrett 14" gold pan has a asymmetric design and fixes one of my pet peeves, which was the small bottom area. The Garrett gold panning kits now include these new pans.

new-garrett-14-acentric-gold-pan.jpg

Here is the new pan next to the old design for comparison...

new-garrett-gold-pan-vs-new-design-compared.jpg

new-garrett-gold-pan.jpg

• Like 3

I have never use the Garrett pan before because of the small bottom, I like the large bottom pans much better, so it looks like I may have to get one of these and see how it works, it maybe my new favorite pan!!

• Like 1

Looks like a great pan to be sure.... I like the large bottom area really helps in cleanup. The drop bottom is great also, far prefer that over the smooth transitioned bottoms.

• 5 months later...

I really like them, have three of the 14" acentric pans for me and my boys. The offset design really does help with stratifying material and the larger bottom is nice to allow more room to hold the heavies. The riffles are extremely deep, but one of my boys is, well let's say a bit aggressive when panning, so those riffles help him to still find color...lol.

• Like 1