Clay Diggins

Meteor Crater In 3D

2 posts in this topic

Made another 3D map, this time it's Barringer (Meteor) Crater in Northern Arizona.

This is a small map, if you would like better resolution I have it but it will be a slow load on most connections.

You can move around in the 3D environment with your mouse. Pan, Zoom and get Information from the features. Try typing in an "r" and watch the mountain spin in 3D. Type an "L" to turn on or off the labels. The "I" in the lower left corner will show you more options.

2 people like this

That's super cool, this resolution was instant fast on my cable (Comcast) connection and iPad and easy to navigate around, thank you.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jakepilot86
      So now that I have a Rino, what's the best way to put claim maps on it? Or do i need to use some of the online map sites and plug my own lat/longs into a custom route? I downloaded the base camp app and have watch the tutorials, its just gonna take a while to build surrounding claims and such by hand.
    • By jasong
      I'm not sure what forum to post this, many of us use Google Earth though so here it is, the new version which I just saw released.
      https://www.google.com/earth/
      Kinda let down personally... Cloud storage of my KMZ's...not going to ever happen with me. Also, looks like they eliminated most of the actual useful tools from the desktop version, bummer.
      There does appear to be some previously unreleased high res imagery in at least some locations anyways though so that's cool.
      Haven't really had time to look through it a lot yet, maybe I'm missing something new that is actually useful, dunno.
    • By Trent King
      Hi guys,
      Thought I would share this new app I have been using while out in the field on my android tablet.
      http://www.offline-maps.net
      I find the satellite imagery awfully slow to scroll and refresh on ozi explorer android, so got this one for general navigation as it is much faster loading.  It works offline and has helpfull options to easily select and store wanted areas at various resolutions.
      The waypoint options are nicely laid out and include lots of customization.
      At $3.99 for the ad free version its even priced right!
    • By lutfi
      Hello to u all..
      Im  seeking help from u for how can locate gold areas by using satellite or google map in northern and east Sudan bcz its my country and from that areas.. and if u have any updated  special map  from Sudan or any way of special searching through websites or satellite..
      thanks for all help..
      Lutfi...
    • By Rege-PA
      When I and a friend try to lock on and co-ordinate the same feature on google earth our co-ordinates do not match. The variation is off about 3 minutes. Our computer settings for google earth are exactly the same but I`m not sure if we are running the same version. Any ideas?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I started checking more into a mention of XP DEUS Version 4 updates, especially this badly translated information from a French website:

So I started Googling and there is a Facebook page for the app at https://www.facebook.com/godetect/
      Right now it is mainly just a finds recording and track mapping app much like the Minelab XChange system, but phone based. One photo really caught my eye however. It apparently can use the phone location services plus orientation features in combination with the app to superimpose past finds onto a view of the terrain. The prospecting applications for this alone are obvious.

After my pretty much blowing them off last year XP is really getting my interest now.