The Best Coil For The MX Sport?

22 hours ago, gramps green said:

It released bubbles l think from around the clear top , not totally sure ? But it still worked fine and l din,t see water under the top . this is supposed to be the after September unit,  is that normal please respond back. Gramps

Some bubbles may be released from the speaker area.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, gramps green said:

Thanks guys for a response back on the floating coil I'll let shorty know, well I took the mx sport out for the first time in grand traverse bay  the temp was 20 degrees or so ,hunted for an hour or so each time  wasn,t  sure how much cold the MX would take  tried the trash program,  the all metal  and coin and jewelry modes   stayed in coin and jewelry most of the time.  It seemed to work fine in that weather ,l found a pendant gold looking but it was not in my pocket back at the truck ?  definitely am going to need a close to real lake bottom test patch at home , l sold a mxt last year because of its noisiness ,   can,t be doing that again! This machine is super sensitive ,,especially for a at pro hunter.   Well guys guess l better tell you what happened when l completely submerged it !  It released bubbles l think from around the clear top , not totally sure ? But it still worked fine and l din,t see water under the top . this is supposed to be the after September unit,  is that normal please respond back. Gramps

Hey Gramps,

There is something called a gore vent on the back of the detector that can release air from inside the pod during pressurization under water. It is a one-way valve that equalizes the pressure inside the machine but keeps water contaminants out. Kinda neat to me!

There can also be air trapped around the perimeter of the pod when submerged. If you look closely on the back there are slots to let the air escape - this is also by design.

Finally, the battery compartment has a similar setup with vents on the bottom to allow water to flow in to replace the air. The space there helps provide extra protection to the batteries in case of bumps/drops.

You should be good to go. To my knowledge we have not received a single faulty unit from our final design updates, so swing in the water with confidence. Too cold for me right now, but maybe in a few months I will jump back in...

• Like 1